Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 5:03 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8mHuRbjBzo&feature=related[/youtube]I know this might seem messed up to cage a tiger with 2 lions but heres a vid. People wonder if lions are more feirce than tigers well heres a vid that proves otherwise tigers are meaner.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

princessforever
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Aug 2012, 5:16 pm

wow intresting

AutisticBelle
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Aug 2012, 8:30 pm

Go, go, go, endangered species!
Tear the smelly, ugly, common lions to shreds! :twisted:

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Aug 2012, 11:57 pm

This is actually one of my passionate special interests, the lion vs tiger topic. It has been proven throughout history and many old documents that the tiger wins the majority of the time. In the Roman times when they pitted animals against each other it is said that tigers were victorious against lions.

Tigers are larger, stronger, more agile and have much larger canines and larger claws. They can also easily stand on their hind legs to "box" while a lion has a lot of trouble standing on its hind legs and can only use one foreleg at a time for paw swipes. Lions are in general stiffer and slower and are actually one of the least "catlike" big cat. The cheetah being another un-catlike feline as they are built more like a stealthy dog. Their claws don't retract and are more doglike and are used for traction for their high speed running.

A lion's mane has been proven to be a health indicator for females due to their social nature, not a form of protection from fights with other males. Females prefer male lions that have darker and fuller manes. If anything it would be a hindrance in a fight because it would overheat faster. Dr. Packer, a lion expert, conducted this experiement in a Discovery Channel documentary years back. He also favors the tiger in a fight against a lion.

Tigers are fiercely territorial and there are many recent articles of male tiger deaths due to territorial fighting. It is a lie to say that tigers hate the idea of a fight in the wild.

There are a lot of propaganda videos that have been made in the past trying to show the lion as the superior cat to fit the Noble King of Beasts storyline. All throughout history tigers have been portrayed as the vicious villans and the lion as the hero. There was also a lot of british propaganda when the british invaded India with the implied "British lion superiority over the Indian Tiger"

Most of those black and white fights feature either female tigers and/or multiple tigers AND lions used for a single fight. Yes, I have paused and taken screenshots of said videos to check for genitalia and stripe patterns and this has proven to be true. Tigers have been my special interests nearly my whole life and I can easily tell a male from a female tiger just based on body structure. I can also tell what species a tiger is just by looking at it. There are very few fight videos out there showing a full sized male tiger vs a male lion.

Here is a forum that I am a moderator on that is all about Lion vs Tiger. There is plenty of information on this topic: http://animalvsanimal.yuku.com/forums/67

Here is a collection of accounts of tigers killing lions from various sources: http://animalvsanimal.yuku.com/topic/61 ... ling-lions Note that some of them might be repeats and there are some cases of male tigers killing female lions which I don't count personally.

Also, here is a size comparison I just made the other day comparing a wild bengal tiger and a wild african lion. Note how much stockier the tiger is built. Amur tigers are the largest cats in the world and are even larger than bengal tigers. :

An Indochinese tiger would be about the same size as a lion while Sumatrans (the smallest living tiger subspecies) is a bit smaller.

Here is a digitally modified image of a male african lion on the left and a male bengal tiger on the right. The male lion has had his mane digitally removed and the tiger's stripes digitally removed. This shows a stunning physical difference between the two cats:

A lion's mane makes the animal look larger than he really is, while a tiger's vertical stripes has the opposite effect of making him look smaller and slimmer. It is said that vertical stripes in clothing can make a person look slimmer. It is simply an optical illusion.