Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2006, 12:46 am

What do you girls think of makeup?

I like makeup...I go for the natural look with dramatic eyes.

-SpaceCase

lkonantz
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Dec 2006, 2:06 am

Well, I only wear make-up if I have to dress up. So, I rearly wear it and I've never really had much of the interest to wear it everyday.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2006, 3:19 am

I never wear it. It's heavy and greasy, and I see it as face-paint, that's designed for NTs, by NTs. Of course this is coming from someone who has a very masculine obsession that everybody knows about, who has a Male Brain in a Female Body.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Dec 2006, 3:47 am

I have some but rarely use it. I wonder if that's because I'm face-blind? Faces don't impress me ergo why would I paint mine?

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2006, 4:57 am

I hope you ladies don't mind a guy jumping in on this topic, but I think women look much better without makeup.

Makeup on a woman always reminds me of somebody flying over in a plane, spray painting a mountain range, trying to make it look better. Every mountain range looks different, that's the whole idea, and you can't improve how a mountain range looks.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

Mnemosyne
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2006, 2:28 pm

I rarely wear makeup for several reasons:

1) It's uncomfortable to wear. It's itchy and feels weird.

2) I feel dishonest when I wear it. I don't really look like that, so I feel like I'm lying to everyone who sees me.

3) There's also what I consider a "logical" aspect to not wearing it. If you wear it every day, then when you take it off at night, or on days when you don't wear it, people think you look tired or "bad." If you only wear it a few tims a year, people accept your natural state as looking "fine" and when you wear makeup, then they think you look "extra nice."

wendytheweird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2006, 3:01 pm

make-up feels icky. SOmetimes I wear mascara b/c my eyelashes are blonde (and my hair is dark!) and sometimes I wear lipstick or colored lip gloss. FOr pictures or if we're going out out (something fancy) I'll do the whole make-up thing, but I hate it. I don't mind most of it, but the foundation is nasty feeling, all itchy. I buy the expensive lighter kind, and even that's too heavy, so I mix it w/ face lotion and that makes it much more tolerable. It does make a big difference in evening out my slightly blotchy complexion, though. But I have been told I'm beautiful w/out it, so I don't bother most of the time.

yoyo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Dec 2006, 3:12 pm

I never wear make-up. I think of it as face paint and that it is for pretending one is something that one is not. I also think of it as something for air heads with little else to occup their minds other than spending time in front of a mirror. My husband has a beard and I don't wear make-up - we really ought to calculate the number of hours we save by not having to spend hours in front of a mirror!

Yoyo

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 4:38 pm

I don't like it. I don't like the way it feels, how I look with it on, and to me it's pointless.

InnocentEyes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Dec 2006, 6:07 pm

As original poster. I go for the natural look with dramatic eyes. I do not use make-up every day, but when I do, I like it to be noticeable.

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 7:39 pm

I'm probably stereotypically girly when it comes to make-up, i enjoy playing with it.
Normally i wear no make-up, if i'm going out i will usually go for the natural look with some eyeliner and clear mascara, i believe in enhancing what's there.
When it is a special event, or i just feel like it, i will wear considerably more.

I find make-up very versatile as i can be different people, it gives me a confidence boost and in a way suppose i hide behind it. If i am having a bad, or "Black" day i will usually wear heavy eye make-up, whereas if i'm having a good day i will wear something like a red lipstick.

Also, in a sense make-up is manipulative, if i wear something like a dark lipstick i'm drawing attention to my mouth, or if i use lots of eyeliner, attention will be drawn to my eyes.
I need the sense of control i can get from wearing it, that and if someone is staring at me i can delude myself into thinking they find me attractive, instead of strange.

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 9:25 pm

I go through phases of wearing it and not wearing it...But when i do, I put it on very naturally.

I have naturally full lips, so I have no need to call attention to them or line them...and I have really long, full eyelashes so I don't need any mascara or eyeliner. I remember once I had my makeup done professionally for a formal event...and I kept having the poor lady take my makeup on and put on more subtle things. The mascara she thought looked great (A curling full-lash one) I thought looked horrible and too dark.

In all the pictures I posted here...and likely even have of myself...I am wearing no makeup.

mummadisaster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Dec 2006, 8:42 pm

I look TONS better with make up, but I only wear it if I am going out somewhere special. Occasionally I will wear it at work, but most of the time I can't be stuffed.

That reminds me, I need to get concealer for the bags under my eyes..

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2006, 4:52 am

If Nutrogenia ever comes up with a line of Make-up, I'll be the first in line, to buy it, as it would improve my complexion, instead of worsen it. Until than, I'll pass.

cheesecheese
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Dec 2006, 6:49 am

As an everyday skin care thing, I'll wear tinted moisturiser with a sunscreen in it, chap stick (lip gloss with sunscreen in it, smells like strawberries).
If something special is happening, I'll do a light application with concealer under my eyes (and on any spots that I might have at the time), a light foundation, a little bit of liquid blush, a very light application of eyeshadow, mascara then tinted lip gloss.
The aim of wearing makeup is not to 'paint' yourself. The best application is the one that looks like you aren't wearing it at all. Subtly enhance what you aready have, do not draw a new face on top!

wendytheweird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2006, 5:48 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
If Nutrogenia ever comes up with a line of Make-up, I'll be the first in line, to buy it, as it would improve my complexion, instead of worsen it. Until than, I'll pass.

http://www.neutrogena.com/cosmetics.asp ... l=cosmetic

I spend way too much time at WalMart studying all of the pretty packages. ;)