Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The topic is the question. As is "To be or not to be," but Shakespeare doesn't apply here.
I'm almost always happy and never depressed. WOO LIFE WOO 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
I'm usually happy, but have bouts of depression at times. Woo? 24%  24%  [ 17 ]
I flip-flop between happiness and depression, or I am a very neutral person that doesn't experience either extreme. 28%  28%  [ 20 ]
I'm not a very happy person, but occasionally life has it's moments. 31%  31%  [ 22 ]
Life in general sucks, constantly and with no variation. FML 10%  10%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 71

jumjummju
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Aug 2012, 9:42 pm

Basically, this is just a poll. I want to see how people's personalities differ among each other in the aspie community, since even though we all share a similarity, we are all different people, and therefor have different stress levels.

I, myself, am a very bubbly and happy person that hasn't ever entered into depression for more than an hour. I also make an idiot of myself on a daily basis. Then I laugh at myself because I am a fun person to laugh at, especially at my expense.

Now it's your turn. How happy of a person would you say you are?

BenPritchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Sep 2012, 11:29 am

I voted for the second option. I very rarely feel upset nowadays to be perfectly honest.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 3:59 pm

I'm not happy, nor am I upset. Some things make me happy or upset of course, but my general mood is just uncaring.

largosan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Sep 2012, 7:33 pm

I average out to be neutral. I'm happy some weeks, depressed or upset or angry during others.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

02 Sep 2012, 11:07 pm

I voted for the third option. I'm entirely neutral.

younginflavor18
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2012, 4:00 pm

I voted the second option because I try my best to be optimistic but my life does have its flaws.

g2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Sep 2012, 4:37 am

I didn't answer. I'm a happy person in summer most of the time, and when not, contemplative. I've never been happy during the school year, during which I'm usually unhappy or just emotionally distant from everything. My father has seasonal depression, and my mother says she has had depression at times during her life. I think I'm just the lucky one who somehow didn't inherit the genetic tendency for it. I've never been depressed or suicidal, except for under the influence of ADHD medication(I'm proudly not a zombie). I feel kind of guilty that whenever I hear anything about someone being depressed, one of my first few thoughts is that I'm so thankful I'm not that type of person.

Natalya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Oct 2012, 8:00 am

Generally up and down, like a sine graph, but more downs than ups.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 10:00 am

second option.

g2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Oct 2012, 12:34 pm

Second to last option. I don't get really depressed, I do have times when I'm sort of subdued, but overall I'm an okay person.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 1:01 pm

I try to be happy and see the positive side of things, but it's extremely difficult at times. I feel like I'm more depressed and fed up with this world than I am happy, but it doesn't help that I constantly think and worry about things way beyond my control. I just wish people weren't so sh***y to one another. I hate seeing them make one another suffer, but it seems to be one of humanity's favorite past times. No, scratch that. It is THE favorite past time of humanity, or so it seems.

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 3:08 pm

I'm depressed all day every day, life sucks and has for about twelve years now. The only time I'm "happy" is when I'm out in public with my few NT friends and I fake being happy.

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 5:25 pm

I'm always at the extremes. I could be so unhappy that nobody could bear being around me, or I could be so happy that people would ask me if I just took some drugs. It seems anyway that most of the people usually make me feel very unhappy and frustrated, rather than happy.

Btw, I've found this video funny:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfhwSF1uBg[/youtube]

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 9:47 am

I would say I am more frustrated than anything lately. Some nice things have been happening lately though, and the future is looking far better than my past.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

djdaza
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Nov 2012, 2:28 am

very very happy or very very sad

EtherealBallet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Dec 2012, 7:59 pm

3 my feelings change every few days or after a week. Sad to subdued to happy and repeat. The annoying part is that I cannot find the words to describe the other moods after I shift moods so I might never know why I feel like this. maybe I should start writing them down....