Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Wulfart
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Sep 2012, 11:26 am

This may just be me being nuts, but does anyone get uncomfortable if you look into a mirror for to long? Especialy if I look into my own eyes. If I keep movng my eyes around the feeling is barely noticable.

MercuryRose
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Sep 2012, 11:34 am

Yeah. I get that. I can't stand mirrors. My reflection makes me uncomfortable

MirrorWars
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 12:53 pm

They don't bother me at all, apart from the fact that I immediately get lost in fantasy situations as soon as I catch sight of my own reflection.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 1:19 pm

I hate looking into my eyes in a mirror it makes me real unnerved. I hate seeing my reflection I have always felt like a ghost.

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 2:10 pm

I start making faces - I'm not comfortable.

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 2:25 pm

I've been afraid of mirrors if I look into them too long ever since the eighth grade. My science teacher told us that he believed our reflections weren't actually us, but another version of us who looked exactly the same in another dimension. So now, when I look into a mirror for too long, instead of seeing me, I start thinking that I'm seeing someone else in another dimension who looks like me and get scared.

Wulfart

01 Sep 2012, 2:31 pm

lyricalillusions wrote:
I've been afraid of mirrors if I look into them too long ever since the eighth grade. My science teacher told us that he believed our reflections weren't actually us, but another version of us who looked exactly the same in another dimension. So now, when I look into a mirror for too long, instead of seeing me, I start thinking that I'm seeing someone else in another dimension who looks like me and get scared.

Thats how I kinda feel like too

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 2:34 pm

Mirrors don't bother me. I tend to study the markings on my skin or fiddle with my hair. I also try to figure out what color my eyes really are though everyone tells me they are blue. I also observe my teeth and look at the bumps on the back of my tongue. Since I have a little mirror, I turn my back to the big mirror and see it in the little mirror since I have a skin irritation to see if it is healling. When I think about it, I find mirrors very useful.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 6:40 pm

I cannot, either. which is why my nick name may be vexing. I have serious difficulty using them and when I need to I only concentrate on the area I need to observe to get whatever grooming done. Never the whole thing.

Valkyrie2012
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Sep 2012, 2:42 am

I have never liked mirrors. Half the time I don't recognize myself in it and it is disconcerting. Also everything looks distorted around me after looking in a mirror. Hate that.