Page 4 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

TM
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 2:54 pm

Hopper wrote:
TM wrote:
They could be nice men, they just let the woman walk all over them to get what they want, which women in turn dislike. Then again, women also dislike being held to the same standards as a man, so there really is no winning for these men.

To be fair, who would want to be held to such low standards?

The standards most men hold other men to, are far higher than the standards they hold women to in many cases. A lot of men become "approval seekers" when dealing with women, which lead to them placating behavior by the woman which would never be accepted from a man.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 3:50 pm

TM wrote:
They could be nice men, they just let the woman walk all over them to get what they want,
That's not a nice man, that's a stupid man.

Quote:
which women in turn dislike.

You know that different people have different tastes?

Quote:
Then again, women also dislike being held to the same standards as a man,

Is the abbreviation in your name "TM" or "BS" ? I don't remember.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 3:56 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
TM wrote:
They could be nice men, they just let the woman walk all over them to get what they want,
That's not a nice man, that's a stupid man.

The two are not mutually exclusive.
Vexcalibur wrote:
TM wrote:
which women in turn dislike.

You know that different people have different tastes?

Is this when you start teaching me the Vexcalibur Snowflake theory of how everyone is such a special little unique thing?

Vexcalibur wrote:
TM wrote:
Then again, women also dislike being held to the same standards as a man,

Is the abbreviation in your name "TM" or "BS" ? I don't remember.

Pure truth. The next time you are speaking to a woman you find attractive, imagine she's a 300 lbs dude that hasn't showered in 2 days and treat her accordingly. See what happens. People think they treat everyone roughly the same, but objectively they do not. A majority of people have an external frame of reference, which in turn is heavily influenced by their perception and valuation of the external subject(s).

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 4:08 pm

http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Nice_guy_syndrome

Quote:
Underlying feminist criticisms is the position that no one is owed love or sex, not for being a nice person, not for being a feminist, not for any other reason.

Don't expect that coitus will be your reward for being a "Nice Guy": the feminist will have coitus with whom she pleases. Typically, it won't be the "Nice Guys." It will be the baaad boys who turn her on.

So, get over it.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 4:12 pm

Here is a Feminist theme song

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAqsI8jHqgs[/youtube]

TM
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 4:17 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Nice_guy_syndrome

Quote:
Underlying feminist criticisms is the position that no one is owed love or sex, not for being a nice person, not for being a feminist, not for any other reason.

Don't expect that coitus will be your reward for being a "Nice Guy": the feminist will have coitus with whom she pleases. Typically, it won't be the "Nice Guys." It will be the baaad boys who turn her on.

So, get over it.

The thing that keeps baffling me about human beings is the fact that they can cognitively understand what works and does not if they are willing to spend time on it. While being fully able to absorb what works and actually make themselves into what works, but hardly anyone seems willing to do so.

Most of the time it seems like they view changing themselves to become more successful human beings as "manipulative" or "not them" but the fact is that they are who they are at least in part due to unconsciously doing the same thing.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 5:13 pm

TM wrote:
The thing that keeps baffling me about human beings is the fact that they can cognitively understand what works and does not if they are willing to spend time on it. While being fully able to absorb what works and actually make themselves into what works, but hardly anyone seems willing to do so.

Most of the time it seems like they view changing themselves to become more successful human beings as "manipulative" or "not them" but the fact is that they are who they are at least in part due to unconsciously doing the same thing.

Remember, too: Feminists have a tendency to be battle-axes.

So, give them some space. They enjoy battling for causes, reforming things, etc. So, just let them have that baaaad boy to henpeck and whip into shape. Transform him into the "nice boy" who will cook. clean, and do the housework. You're already in shape, so you would be whipped and henpecked for nothing. Unless she decides to rent you out to do the Feminist-neighbor's housework.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 5:23 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
TM wrote:

Remember, too: Feminists have a tendency to be battle-axes.

So, give them some space. They enjoy battling for causes, reforming things, etc. So, just let them have that baaaad boy to henpeck and whip into shape. Transform him into the "nice boy" who will cook. clean, and do the housework. You're already in shape, so you would be whipped and henpecked for nothing. Unless she decides to rent you out to do the Feminist-neighbor's housework.

The irony of it all is once the henpecking and whipping is done they have killed the attraction they felt in the first place. Also, the whole "nice guy" vs "bad boy" thing is overdone. It's more a matter of valuation, which person is trying to get the approval and praise of the other person.

Once you shift your frame of reference to be internal rather than external, IE going from "does X approve of what I do" to "Do I approve of what X does" the way people value you changes for the better.

However, it seems you and I are on different wavelengths when it comes to the perspective of this discussion so I don't see that I have anything to gain to spend more time on you after this reply.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 5:43 pm

TM wrote:
However, it seems you and I are on different wavelengths when it comes to the perspective of this discussion so I don't see that I have anything to gain to spend more time on you after this reply.

Okay. I'll pull out of the thread, then. Please carry on.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 7:36 pm

Look at that, the straw feminist rears her unattractive-and-therefore-worthless-as-a-human head again.

enrico_dandolo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 7:44 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:

Or maybe it will be people they appreciate?

People like people, not stereotypes.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 7:53 pm

LKL wrote:
Look at that, the straw feminist rears her unattractive-and-therefore-worthless-as-a-human head again.

On the positive side, she's deemed unattractive because of her mind rather than her outward appearance, so I guess you could count that as a win.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 8:38 pm

LKL wrote:

Yes, but she was accompanied by the "My-Subjective-Opinions-are-Objective-Facts-Because-I Say-So" Nice Guy Brigade, so maybe the Straw Feminists can hook up with the "Nice Guys" and the "Nice Guys" can finally get laid.

Everybody wins.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 9:05 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TJMMdXr8AY[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8tToFv-bA&feature=related[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 10:07 pm

Gosh, I haven't seen that before...
(/sarcasm)

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 10:41 pm

YouTube = truth.
(/sarcasm)

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)