Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 11:06 pm

I have been thinking, a lot, about Autism, and how different our thought process is to other people and how this makes me feel and how it affects my ideas of the world and I have tried to write about it, but no matter how much I try there is no way I can use words for that. I am a very, very visual learner, even if I do not have a photographic approach to life and understanding. And I made this piece today and the name of it is completely unrelated to the topic, because I do not want my friends and family to know the subject of the painting.

I think the way we think is beautiful, difficult to handle the rest of the world, yes, but it does not make it less. It makes it different. And the way we think is as incomprehensible to them as theirs is to us.

I used different shades of purple and lilac because they are my favorite colors. The shapes and curves are just strokes that form a pattern that is in itself, beautiful. Why does beauty need a dissection? An explanation? It is what it is because it is and we live with it and we observe and we cannot change it and we conform to everyone else's standards and try to live and be happy like everyone else.

We are in the wrong planet, so to speak, because we see layers others don't, and miss things others do and I do not think I live in my own world, I live in the same world, but I interact and communicate with things beyond human interest, I guess. Any thoughts?

[img][800:636]http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/246/a/3/the_world_by_tempertempest-d5dhszj.jpg[/img]

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 11:17 pm

this is gorgeous.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 11:26 pm

I have next to no creative/artistic talent, but you have just inspired me to have a go at painting my thoughts on autism.

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 11:31 pm

Your artwork is beautiful...

Purple is one of my favorite colors too.

A kind of raspberry like tone....

TheSunAlsoRises

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 12:08 am

I found your thoughts both beautiful and relate-able. Purple was also a nice color choice as it is very serene and relaxing.

phyrehawke
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Sep 2012, 12:15 am

Oooh...you are inspiring! I have some issues with purple lately (personal, lol) but I love your simple use of line and shading. It has all the movement of a dance.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 2:32 am

I will not share more of my pieces here atm (thats what the art forum is for I got a bunch of stuff on the display your artwork section).

I must add, however that Although I used to try to write a great deal, it was very unsuccessful for me, not to mention that I have written thoughts and feelings about autism and my own views of the world and behaviors and my frustration with human interaction and I have had friends and family find them and critiaize or insult me for it. So I started to doodle and that suddenly turned into a special interest and in 4 and a half months I have done a great deal with it. Its a great relif!

A_floating_moon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Sep 2012, 3:44 am

I pretty much agree with the view you stated. And I've always liked violet. The image looks like two people, to me...

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 5:59 am

yeah now that I look at it it does look like two people!