Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2013, 8:36 am

no

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2013, 8:53 am

Not since elementary school. I sort of illogically want to have one though, just for attention. :(

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

StarCity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2013, 11:43 am

When I was a young child & lived within a dysfunctional family I used to often get 'meltdowns' at school (and at home). When I was taken into care at the age of 12 the 'meltdowns' stopped.
After that, whenever things were getting too much at school I would "bunk off" and go and spend the afternoon exploring in the woods.

It isn't natural for me, but it enables me to "fit in".
It is VERY tiring and draining, but at least we can appear like them even though it is an act. Like being on the stage.
They can't see it is emulation, and so we are accepted.

ExceladonCity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2013, 11:49 am

More than I care to remember. I remember that one resulted in a broken desk, a dent in a vending machine and a dent in the elevator door.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2013, 8:52 pm

I gave myself a concussion having a meltdown in school once. Banged my head on a glass wall. It wasn't pretty.

Wreck It Ralph

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2013, 1:45 pm

At least a few. In high school I started showing symptoms of depression from brain neurotransmitters inbalance. Once in particular I wanted to say something in a class small group discussion, but I could not figure out when to interrupt. I suddenly became very angry and yelled "stop!!", a few seconds after, my mood swings in the opposite direction and suddenly became irrational and very sad, tried to leave the classroom. I stopped myself, then faced the front of the classroom...then lost all emotional control by uncontrollable crying. I remember everyone was watching me, but I could not process anything else...

The teacher knew something was going on with me and let me sit in a chair away from the class to calm down. I remember crying for a long time.

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2013, 2:05 pm

I hate high school so much.