Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

kate123A
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 4:03 pm

Not sure who to vote for........

Romney is a republican and he and Ryan are hell bent to revoke the ACA. It's obvious the Republicans have done everything they can to stagnate the President's policy and bill proposals. I'm against war in Iran, I happen to think if ppl want birth control they ought to have access to it, and I honestly wish hurricane Isaac had hit the RNC.

Obama has not saved the economy due to the above reasons, is for Gay marriage(I'm a Christian and if he were quietly for it it'd be easier to vote for him), and basically is very very liberal.

I just don't find myself caring and my husband wants me to vote for Republican when frankly I wish the Lord had smited the lying bunch of hypocrites. I honestly wish we could do away with the electoral college and frankly Anne Romney looks like she came out of Stepford or the 50s.

I wish we had different candidates and that they would get fined for every lie they told in the office of their duties.

again_with_this
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 4:17 pm

Voting is not compulsory. If you don't feel like voting, you don't have to. It's your right to vote or NOT to vote.

Or you could just vote 3rd party. That's what I did in 2004 and 2008. '04 was Nader, '08 I can't recall, the libertarian I think.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 4:23 pm

Personally, I'm against the ACA because I've used government healthcare before, it really sucks, and I don't think they should mess with better private ones because crappy private insurance is better than government programs. I admit something needs to be done for the uninsurable, but the amount of bureaucracy in the new system and the amount of money used up managing it is absurd. IMO, they should repeal it or scrap it and go back to the drawing board.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

kate123A
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 5:00 pm

it's the no pre existing condition clause that I like about the ACA and honestly if they could keep that and repeal the rest I'd be fine w/them repealing it.

As I said I think they are both umm awful and deciding which is worse is a hard choice and I'm not going to not vote b/c then I would feel like I've no legitimate right to say anything about the crummy government.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 6:31 pm

the ACA doesn't mean government insurance for most. it will help low income folks buy private insurance. i have government insurance (medicare) and it is terrific. medicare has the lowest overhead (1%) of any insurance company in the country. 99% of medicare funds go for patient care. too many folks listen to fox news and believe the lies that this is a government takeover of healthcare.

kate123A
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 6:39 pm

I do think everyone should be entitled to health care as not doing so is a sign of barbarity(sickness spreads faster in populations without adequate healthcare) and medical care shouldn't be about profit but about a societal good at some point some nasty bug is going to go around and it won't just infect the poor...

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 12:19 am

The Dems buy votes with Welfare Programs, the Reps with Tax Cuts.

As long as the natural economy is working those lies sell.

Both want to spend more than income, and both think war is great.

Dems want a National Health Care as an employment option, Reps want to turn Social Security over to Goldman Sachs.

Government is a Ponzi, Towns, Cities, States, Countries, a growing population leads to projected future income they can borrow against now.

Downturns do happen, people leave, less are born, and all those numbers reverse. Now half the people have to pay the whole debt, more leave, and more burden falls on those who remain.

Now the same people who got you in this mess think you need experanced leadership more than ever, and their pay and retirement should increase.

Some terrorist object, so the Mayor has to streamline the education system, to pay for an armored limo and armed guards. Taxes get harder to collect, so men with clubs are hired to enforce Civic Duty to the State. Taxes go up to pay for protection.

After dark people desert their obligations to the State, and vanish with what they can carry. Taxes and enforcement have to go up to teach people to Respect and Obey the Government.

In the end, the enforcers turn on the leaders, loot the last things of value, and leave.

People living free in the wilderness by mutual consent, where all are equals, find the abandoned town, move in, use sound money, honest weights and measures, keep a judge in the market place to settle all disputes now, and the people acting as one prosper.

So said Ibn Khaldun in 1300, the pattern of all governments before and during his time.

We are at the top heavy government that debases the money, delays and denies justice, and spends more than they have on Homeland Security, endless wars, and making deals with other States, phase. That comes just before it all becomes impossible to support and caves in.

At this stage they will round up the unwanted in other countries and bring them in to undermine the security and unity of the people, and convince them to allow and pay for a greater Police State. They will offer superior civic rights to some minorities to gain their support, and a spy network to block rebellion.

Their only goal is staying in power by any means.

Then along comes a man who does not represent any Class, he sees the Country as one, the People as one, and their Will the Law of thier Land, above all other causes and factions. He serves to Unite the People, to Enforce their Will in their Land, where all Serve the National Identity above all.

Prosperity, Health, National Pride, full employment and full kitchens return. The children grow strong, get educated, learn to serve their country as their property, which it is, their's and no others.

A sound economy, leading industry, great food, clean streets and public festivals, equals living by mutual agreement and consent. Fair Laws quickly enforced, sound money, honest weights and measures.

Ibn Khaldun saw these traits in the recently arrived Turks, their empire lasted five hundred years.

Government is too important to involve politics. Good Government is a known design, with a long historic record of working to the benefit of all.

Both the Greeks and Romans had to elect one man to rule them, to replace an old government fallen into corruption, and in both cases it restored their Nations.

When they did not act to restore their nations they crumbled and faded into history.