Regular talk recording which i can analyse and learn from?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Standarduser
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Sep 2012, 12:03 am

Tennis players watch many tennis matches. Guitarists listen to endless albums, and every good author built his style when he first imitated some others style.

So as aspies - where are our tennis matches or albums? Are there recordings of normal people(that speak naturally - its not artificial talk) which i can watch and analyse? Why try to break your head when you can learn from the best? Footballers and hockey players imitate thier favorite players moves so perfectly untill they can do thier own moves - so where are my "Favorite players" in term of talking or general social behavior?

It could also be some "Big Brother" footage or any other reality tv(or any other form of recorded social activity which is unknown to me).

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 11:56 am

Standarduser wrote:
Tennis players watch many tennis matches. Guitarists listen to endless albums, and every good author built his style when he first imitated some others style.

So as aspies - where are our tennis matches or albums? Are there recordings of normal people(that speak naturally - its not artificial talk) which i can watch and analyse? Why try to break your head when you can learn from the best? Footballers and hockey players imitate thier favorite players moves so perfectly untill they can do thier own moves - so where are my "Favorite players" in term of talking or general social behavior?

It could also be some "Big Brother" footage or any other reality tv(or any other form of recorded social activity which is unknown to me).

go observe in real life

Standarduser
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Sep 2012, 2:09 pm

The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
Standarduser wrote:

go observe in real life

Sometimes i hear the same album 20 times untill it seeps in. I cant do that in real life. Unless i walk around with a tape recorder i have only one chance of getting it.

zette
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 2:38 pm

There are digital recorders you can get at best buy that are good enough to do just that and small enough to fit in a pocket. We use one to record my son's IEP meetings. ;).

Most movies categorized as "drama" have tons of talking that would be pretty realistic.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 3:57 pm

Most folks including (indeed ESPECIALLY) NT's have a resource for that known as "going to the movies".

For better or worse movie stars have been role models for how to act for several generations now. Movies are not always totally realistic, but theyre not always totally unrealistic either.

John Cleese (of monty python) made a film some years ago called "How to Irritate People" that was made for business execs to teach them the opposite of the title. It still maybe findable in video stores.