Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

06 Sep 2012, 7:31 am

It had to go here. This is a proving ground for every writer out here. Type in a few-paragraph story that comes to your mind here. It can be anything you want; just keep it within bounds of this particular part of the forums (read: no sexual content, nothing over PG-PG-13 stuff.)

DISCLAIMER: All characters/people appearing in these works are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
----
She came up to me, and she realized I slept in my Seahawks jersey. Leora noticed that I hadn't gotten much sleep. "You OK, John-bon?" I then turned and said, "Eeyup.... I musta been watching too much My Little Pony overnight...... this can't be good for me, especially around this time o' year." I then got into my sweater and jeans, and I had a bit of breakfast, and head to the high school for another day of history class.

It was my third year as a teacher here; by this point, I'd gotten to know the whole faculty and students; they were like a second family to me.

Trencher93
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2012, 8:41 am

He held a gun in his hand. He thought: "This is a dangerous place!"

Oops, that one's been done before...

He liked to open cans.

Oops, that's one's been done before...

The last soldier crept through the undergrowth, gripping his rifle and wishing he had some ammo. He left behind the other three members of his fire team where they died. He was disoriented from his head wound, but he hoped the company command post was ahead. What a time to get lost. He stumbled over a vine, and kept himself from falling. What was tonight's password? He emerged into a clearing, wondering why the sentry hadn't challenged him. Because they were all dead. They'd found a little green box in the jungle, and now every member of his company was dead. Besides himself. The Captain and RTO man - he felt guilty for not being able to remember the dead soldier's name - were slumped over the radio. The comm link was still active, and battalion was saying something. He moved closer. An insertion team. Scrambling. On its way. No! He tried to pry the dead man off of the radio and answer, to stop them, no, don't come here, no one else, quarantine the area, but then that noise again. Behind him. He turned around and screamed.

This one just writes itself.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2012, 7:00 pm

I had woke up, crying, right before my wife. "Is something wrong, darling?" I said, "Oh, my....... I had a bad dream of being rejected...... again!" My wife then realized that this wasn't the first time this had happened to me. She held me and said, "We all go through that, darling....... just calm down and everything will be alright." "OK...." I said, with tears still streaming down my face.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 4:58 am

My tears flow from my chocolate brown eyes...... thoughts of being unloved enveloped me. "Why, oh why, is the world so cruel to me?" Those thoughts started to get the better of me....... what was I to do? I called my love of my life. She'd always be there for me in good times and bad..... and then she comforted me in the best way possible. This much I know: Having a woman in your life really helps things.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 6:15 am

Lilly was a horse. She was brown and had a white nose. All the other horse on the farm hated her because they were all black horses. One day they all decided to beat Lily up. She lay bloody on the ground and died. The End.

That was terrible.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 4:40 pm

Oh, I'm sorry! There was already a post like this above? D'oh! I didn't see it, but I see it now. Silly me.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 7:05 am

Once upon a time I was invisible and everyone forgot I existed until I made myself known to them. Consequently, there were no more expectations, I no longer had to perform, and I got some peace for a change.

~ The end

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 8:51 am

I'd make a story about zombies but it's a no brainer...

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 9:30 am

She opened the door, slowly.

The sound was loud in her ears but no one stirred.

Good. Now walk in.

She tiptoed into the room and watched the sleeping couple. They where both young and lovely. With smooth-like cream skin under the night-time light coming from the window. It would be a shame to let them die. But it would be a shame, even more so, to let herself die. Going to that place where she felt even less than normal, she raised the pistol and put two bullets in each of their heads.

Quiet. Fast. No Problem.

physicsnut42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2012, 2:40 pm

PastFixations wrote:
I'd make a story about zombies but it's a no brainer...

hehehe... :D

---

He was hanging out in the library, as he often did on days like this. He knew most of the books in this section; he'd been there a thousand times. He passed by old favorites and smiled, remembering a harrying chase on dragonback here, an epic sword battle there, a quiet midnight scouting in the archives with the goal of finding a book that would provide the crucial information to stop the war...

He came across one of the blank spines. You saw them a lot at this library, which contained almost more ancient books than modern ones. The old ones--leather-bound and shiny, sometimes with glittering gold leaf decorating the cover--often didn't have the title written on the spine, or even the cover, and required one to take it out and open it to discover what kind of story it told. These he had always taken down to examine, for he never knew what they might contain.

This one was old, peeling brown leather; there was no visible gold leaf, just small, barely recognizable indentations and residue where it had used to be before it wore away. He took the volume off the dusty, mahogany shelf, taking care not to knock other books over in the process, and gently eased it open, so as not to tear or crumple any of the pages.

There was no title page, so he opened it at random... and found, to his astonishment, that it was about a boy who had come to the library, a place where he often went, and discovered a blank-spined book, which he took off the shelf and opened at random, only to find, astonishingly, that it was about a boy who had come to the library...

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 3:27 pm

A young child and the mother were having some quality time when the child notices that the mother is forming grey hair.
They ask: "Mommy, why do you have grey hair?"
The mother replies: "Everytime you do something naughty, 1 strand of my hair turns grey."
The child then replies: "You must have been very naughty because Grandma's hair is really grey."

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 5:41 pm

Sometimes, her world would skip.

From one side of the street to the other.

From the supermarket to the carpark.

From the kitchen to the lounge. From sitting to standing. From waking to dreaming. From dreaming to forgetting. From forgetting to the supermarket. From the supermarket to across the street. From in the street to in love. From love to hatred. From love to indifference. From something to nothing. From irrelevance to inconsequentiality. From you think this matters

Epsilon
Toucan
Toucan

09 Sep 2012, 8:30 pm

The boy opened his eyes. He looked up to see his hands buried beneath a ball of rope that was attached to the ceiling. He looked down to see a pool of bubbling lava. A few sparks leapt from the pool and missed his feet by inches. Disappointed, the sparks reunited with the sea of heat. A deep, cackling sound penetrated his eardrums and pierced his inner being. A second later the ropes disintegrated and the boy found himself plummeting towards the depths of the lava. The lava quickly transformed into a bright blue sky. The boy burst through a puffy cloud, just in time to see a tyrannosaurus rex ogling at him with a wide-open maw, waiting for its next meal. The boy blinked and now he is spinning down a river; the current pushing him towards his doom. Just as a shroud of darkness envelopes him and he is falling into pure nothingness. He grasps at the empty space, which is his mother's hand a second later.
"Are you ok?" she asked; a hint of concern evident in her sugary voice.
"Yes," the boy replies as a feeling of relief washes over him. "it was all just a dream."

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 4:29 am

Detective-Inspector John Longschlong was a hard-bitten cop working the mean streets of LA. He played by his own rules, and his effective-yet-unorthodox ways had solved many crimes effectively, albeit in an unorthodox manner.
This morning, his superior had reprimanded him for being a little too tough on a suspect. He hadn't been able to swing him round to his point of view, so he stomped off, vowing to rid the streets of criminal scum despite how soft the law was on criminals. It seemed as though people were confused about who the real victims were these days.

Adrianna admired herself in the full-length mirror. Her tasteful-yet-alluring attire enhanced her body to perfection. As she watched herself, she saw her cascading red hair cascading down her back. She was proud of her sparkling green eyes and her flawless, creamy white skin. The only flaw she saw was an expression of nervousness, for she was nervous about her upcoming interview with the LAPD.
"Oh well, better get on with it", she said to herself.

"Miss Pantibegone, I presume?" smirked DI Longschlong's chiselled jaw.
"Oh, please call me Adrianna," breathed Adrianna.
"Right you are," he smouldered. "Now, let's look over your qualifications."

She waited nervously.

She was hired. They clashed. They argued. Tension built up. He was manful. She simpered. They slept together. Someone finally punched him in the face. She was torn apart by zombies.

"Noel! Noel!" shouted the people.

DominictheStampede
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Sep 2012, 8:42 am

The vampire lord opened his mouth and spewed forth a black mist that dissolved anything it touched. The young vampire hunter rolled out of the way and loaded his crossbow with a silver headed arrow. Then the vampire lord was upon him. The vampire hunter's crossbow clattered uselessly across the floor. Cold, cold hands squeezed the hunter's neck and he saw shapes begin to encroach at the edges of his vision. The vampire hunter thrust his hand into his shirt and produced a silver cross. The vampire lord recoiled and the vampire hunter was able to climb to his feet, coughing violently. He drew his silver sword and sliced off the vampire lord's right hand, which withered and turned to dust. There was a snap of air and there was a raven where the vampire lord had been which cawed madly and flew out of the open window. The vampire hunter went to where the magician's daughter was lying prone on an altar. He gently rubbed her face, hoping to waken her. The magician's daughter opened her eyes. They were pure black.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 8:52 am

Everything collapsed.

Paper crumpled. Buildings imploded. Empires collapsed.

Seams disintegrated. Emporiums were liquidated. Civilisations fell.

Shoes went to tatters. Families fell apart. Star systems exploded. Galaxies imploded. Trees collapsed. Birds collapsed. Mammals collapsed. Life collapsed. Planets collapsed. Atoms collapsed. Everything collapsed until

finally

nothing.