How to deal with people you REALLY don't like?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2012, 8:03 pm

I go to a very small school for people with autism and aspergers. I am in high school and there was only 4 other people in my class. We all stay in one room with one teacher until we graduate! I love it! We still go to receses out on the play ground, twice a day. We get snack time and lunch time. If one of us feels stressed out because of school work we can go outside and be alone. The only time it gets loud in the whole school is when someone has a meltdown and is screaming. Theres kids of all ages there, 2 years old to 19 years old. All the classes are small and quiet.

The problem is that I can't stand the other people in my class. We all have aspergers. The only other girl refuses to speak to me. I try to be kind and under standing because she was bullied really bad at another school 2 years ago. She is so grumpy! I ask her to sit with me and I am nice to her and she has been at our school for 1 and half years. She won't talk to other people either, not just me. :(

Then theres the kid from Japan. He drools, has his hand always in his pants, talks to himself (not in english or japanese), hits himself while laughing, claps his hands and just laughs all the time! He does this just in normal class time. When every one is quiet and doing work. He always smiles and laughs at nothing! Its hard to focaus when he won't shut up. :x

And last but not least theres the new kid. He smells really bad. He tried to pin me to a door and kiss me after I told him not to. He always talks about his veiws on the world and gay rights (its more anoying then you would think). He just won't stop talking to me in general. :x

And then theres me. Im not perfect and I anoy my own self with my learning problems. :? So how do you deal with anoying people? Advice?

Alfonso12345
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2012, 8:33 pm

The Japanese kid sounds like me when I was in school, except for the stuff about drooling, hitting myself while laughing, clapping, and the hand in my pants lol... But I laughed way too excessively and everyone was always asking me "Why do you laugh so much?" or "Why do you think everything is funny?" even though "everything" was an exaggeration, I just laughed at weird things, usually things I said or did to make myself laugh, that made me seem like I was mentally ret*d to the other kids I went to school with.

I'm going to try and give some advice. The girl who is grumpy and isn't talking to anyone, just keep trying to be nice, maybe eventually she will become more friendly later on, but I certainly can't guarantee that. As for the Japanese kid, I'm not really sure how you can be around him without being annoyed, but you could probably try to tell him as nicely as possible that he is annoying you, when it is happening.

I'm really not sure how to deal with the guy who tried to kiss you though...

Edit: I forgot to say that the school you go to sounds like an awesome place for being educated.

glasstoria
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2012, 10:54 pm

My only advice for this type of situation is to encourage you to set boundaries for yourself with other people, and then follow through so that people know how they are allowed to treat you.

For instance, if someone smells, you might want to initiate a physical boundary such as trying to leave a certain distance (four feet?) between you whenever possible. (Also, if it is that bad, perhaps you speak to a teacher privately and have them converse with the young man regarding the rules of daily hygiene? or leave a teacher a note so that it wouldn't embarass anyone).

Maybe they would allow you to have earplugs and noise reducing headphones if you wanted during certain hours of the day so that you wouldn't hear the other student's disruptive laughter? Or possibly the entire class could listen to something like classical music during certain times of the day to compensate for the odd laughter.

Other boundaries that honor your needs and your right to have a safe space could be things like stating "I do not want to discuss gay rights with you, please do not bring up the subject to me anymore" and firmly but calmly reminding him of this if he brings it up again.

I would still try with the grumpy girl, she may not be able to express her gratitude for your efforts to be friendly, but it may be the only nice part of her day, you never know what she has to deal with in her life at home.

Hope that helps, let us know how it goes!

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2012, 11:11 pm

I think you have really good ideas, Alfonso and Glasstoria! :D

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Bunnynose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Sep 2012, 11:07 am

Punch or kick the smelly boy in the crotch and ignore the other two. It's that simple. Then you won't have to be bothered by their loathsomeness or worry about pretending to be nice.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 12:09 pm

these kids seem much better then the normal NT kids
i work with some morons who keep on bitching, gossiping, and playing politics
they get really nasty i feel like stabbing them but i cant.