What Simpsons characters do you relate to?

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 12:06 pm

I relate to a lot!

Lisa Simpson - being generally the smartest, or one of the smartest, in classes. I get pleasure out of learning stuff. And I'm unwilling to be mean-spirited to be popular. I'm also liberal politically.

Bart Simpson - to the extent that school can be a drag, and I still sometimes get assignments/readings that I don't see much or any real-world use in. Lectures have bored me at times and I've wanted to pull a prank just to liven things up (but have resisted)... I also enjoy holidays/other special days off school.

Homer Simpson - I'm a junk-food junkie, and drink beer regularly when I'm not in alcohol-prohibited student housing. I also forget names easily, and have felt tempted to goof off at work when I had summer jobs.

Milhouse Van Houten - well, for starters, I'm nearsighted. Also, I have peers (NT even) knowing more than me about math/computer science, so I sometimes feel like I have the Aspie freakishness without all the genius I'm "supposed" to have.

Moe Szyslak - I don't know how to talk to most women, dating/getting a date wise!

Maggie Simpson - there were some things I was highly precocious in, including reading and even BASIC programming! I'm also told by my parents I lined up 50 pennies, all heads-up, at age 18 months...

AQ: 33

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 12:20 pm

homer - when something really serious is going on, he's thinking "donuts". he's really self-centered and frequently misses the point.

my daughter is very lisa.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 1:38 pm

Homer and Grandpa Simpson are the only "cute" characters on that show. And the baby possibly too I guess.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

07 Sep 2012, 1:54 pm

Most likely Homer....... since I am kinda like him, to a degree.

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 2:10 pm

Lisa

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 2:21 pm

Seymour Skinner

If any Simpson's character embodies the expression of Aspieness, it is Principal Skinner.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 2:24 pm

Lisa- I would probably be most like Lisa if I was actually brilliant in school and smart at most other things besides reading, writing and drawing. I did well in grade school except for math and maybe pys. ed, but when I entered middle school that all started heading south. I relate well to her being a goody-two shoes, a worrywart, not relating well to her peers and my "extreme" views on right and wrong. I'm not a vegetarian like Lisa but I am a teetotaler. Think living in a world of meat-eating is hard, try being the only adult in her family who refuses even cough syrup if it has alcohol in it! The only adult who won't drink wine even during a holiday meal and has to listen to her mother that it's good for your digestion each time we have it, and often worries people will think she is drunk if she stumbles or falls down in an act of "aspie klutzyness" on the street. :oops:

Marge- I used to think I wasn't like Marge at all, but one way I'm like her is that I hate conflict and disorder and wish everyone would just get along. I also am a bit old-fashioned when it comes to relationships. For example I still think people should marry BEFORE they have kids and the idea of an "open" marriage makes my skin shrivel up. I seldom swear as well.

Homer- I don't drink, but I have a huge weakness for sweets. If I actually go to a social event it helps a lot if there are sweets. And tea or coffee actually, I really don't drink much pop, either. If I didn't have an addiction to sugar and carbs I might not be overweight. I also may appear slow and have trouble understanding things no matter how carefully they're explained to me. I lose focus easily even when I know I should be paying attention and then it's like that one time Homer's brain-spirit floated out the back of his head when Ned Flanders was explaining the difference between apple juice and cider. :lol:

Patty and Selma- ONLY because I'm still single. That's all. Really. :D

Bart Simpson- when my older brother and I were kids I was actually the extroverted, outgoing one while my brother was shy and quiet most of the time. Or maybe that was only when our parents were around, I remember him doing quite a number of Bart-like things to me when we were alone. But when we went anywhere like the beach or a campground in the summer I would wander off at the first second and start talking to other people while my brother would just stay where he was. I was lucky I never got in serious trouble!

Milhouse- Because Bart once said Milhouse would cry even when he was doing long division and had a remainder left over. In third to seventh grade I cried a lot during math, too. :cry:

Last edited by lostonearth35 on 07 Sep 2012, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 3:00 pm

HOMR*

*That's Homer without the crayon... :wink:

PS

It's so tragic the way they hopped on pop.

pop_culture_ref
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Sep 2012, 3:23 pm

I'd say I'm part Professor Frink, part Ralph Wiggum.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 1:36 am

I'm partially like Homer and partially like Lisa.

I'm like Lisa in that I'm intelligent and gifted in music (though I quit playing a long time ago). I am also, as lostonearth35 put it, a goody two-shoes and a worrywart. However, I'm not a vegetarian/vegan and I'm politically independent rather than totally left.

I'm like Homer in that I am fat and addicted to junk food.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 12:19 pm

I am not sure I can relate to Seymour Skinner because I don't have mother issues.

I feel I relate to Moe Zsyslak for very obvious reasons. If anyone on that show gets the Autism label, it is definitely him. He can't get a date(when he does, the girl is beautiful and Moe screws things up) , does not know how to talk to girls, does not seem to know what creeps people out, and is only really friends with people (Barney, Homer, Lenny and Carl) because he has a bar/tavern. His bar is a mess too.

Lisa- I like to be smart, and sometimes people don't like how smart I am.

Bart- Always hated doing homework at school, and would often not do homework for classes that I did not like.

Homer- Love beer and occassionaly love being just as lazy. I have a habit of missing the point of what is going on around me.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 1:24 pm

I can relate to Homer, because he's hardly ever on other people's wavelength in situations.

I can relate to Lisa in episodes where she gets depressed and down about herself.

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 3:30 pm

I'm most like Maggie. Stay quiet and carry a big stick. (shotgun) 8)
I like Ralph.
I actually have this t shirt~

"Freedom of Speech is Not a License to be Stupid"

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 8:08 am

For me, the three I most identify with (in order) are:

Lisa Simpson: Overachiever, distressed at the state of the world, feel like there's nobody to relate to in the world, bullied, very unpopular in school due to not following the crowd, introverted, depression as a child due to realizing nobody really cared like I did.

Seymour Skinner: Never had a serious relationship, lived at home for much of my 20s, bitter and jaded due to past abuse that few care to discuss, uptight attitude that can be seen as militaristic.

Maggie Simpson: Highly intelligent but lack the ability to properly demonstrate it (in my case without being seen as arrogant). Rarely talked growing up.

Appleisbetter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2012, 1:56 am

For me I think I'm mostly like Otto

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 2:24 am

Nelson: "HA-HA!"
While I was never a bully, I can understand how living in a dysfunctional household could be detrimental to one's development (until I was diagnosed with Asperger's, I figured that was why I was so weird and different). And while he does terrorize Bart and Milhouse from time to time, he's also been their friend. Plus, his crush on Lisa has revealed a tender side to him, which I find appealing.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer