Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 5:11 pm

Okay this is a gross thought but I was watching America's Next Top Model the other day and they were modeling nude. Then I started to think about, what if you were on your period? That is if they even get periods with most of them being so anorexic. I mean, do you walk around wearing a tampon? Everybody has to shoot on the same day. Also, what if you had gross discharge coming out of your vaj area and you had to pose and model with another guy. Sometimes you get those days where you're really wet down there. Gross I know but those thoughts suddenly occurred to me.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 6:48 pm

Maybe they use those menstrual cups?

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 8:03 am

They probably do the same thing nude dancers do--wear a tampon and cut off the string.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 1:38 am

Yeah I thought about that, if you had to pose nude for performance and have your period. I'm guessing they gotta get ready extensively beforehand like models always have to. Where a no string tampon and make sure that area is as clean as possible beforehand.

Or if there models, they might be on birth control, so they can get periods very predictably so if they need to do any of that stuff they can plan well beforehand so they make sure they wont have to be on there period on they do it.

Agemaki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2012, 2:34 am

I use sea sponge tampons that don't have strings, so that is another possibility. (I've modeled nude while on my period and I just took a shower before and then used a tampon.)

AuNaturel
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2020, 7:44 pm

I modeled nude quite a bit when I was young, from about 18 to my mid-20s. Mostly art classes, some photography. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Peta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Feb 2020, 6:51 am

Why squeamish nude models are used much in art school and no better way to learn to draw and paint human form

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2021, 2:35 pm

I have a hard enough time managing my cyclic changes fully dressed so I get you. The LOGISTICS. It's a miracle when I am not ruining clothing. It's hard for me to have the right sanitary items on hand and be using them at the correct frequency. If I'm going swimming, I have to stop thinking about it and just do it. Getting my period on vacation is hard also. I have a funny story about heavy flow and an impulse purchase at a corner store...