Page 1 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 8:28 pm

Revelation 13 wrote:
Then I saw another beast, which came up out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb's horns, and it spoke like a dragon. It used the vast authority of the first beast in its presence. It forced the earth and all who live on it to worship the first beast, whose wound had healed. This second beast performed great miracles; it made fire come down out of heaven to earth in the sight of everyone. And it deceived all the people living on earth by means of the miracles which it was allowed to perform in the presence of the first beast. The beast told them to build an image in honor of the beast that had been wounded by the sword and yet lived. The second beast was allowed to breathe life into the image of the first beast, so that the image could talk and put to death all those who would not worship it. The beast forced all the people, small and great, rich and poor, slave and free, to have a mark placed on their right hands or on their foreheads. No one could buy or sell without this mark, that is, the beast's name or the number that stands for the name.

This calls for wisdom. Whoever is intelligent can figure out the meaning of the number of the beast, because the number stands for the name of someone. Its number is 666.

We have quite a lot of highly intelligent people here, and no shortage of smarty-pants, either.

Has anyone worked out this brain-teaser? The number 666 stood for someone's name. Whose?

And, what kind of marks did people have to put on their hands and foreheads?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 8:41 pm

In the future we will all be persuaded to have universal bar codes(like they have on merchandise in the grocery store) tattoed onto our right hands, or onto our forheads in the name of "fighting terrorism" or some other such benign/benovolent reason.

You will be able breeze through airports -go anywhere you want- because they will just scan your UPC code - and they will automatically know who you are (and that you're not a terrorist). You be able to do business anywhere on the planet-free of hassle- because you have "the mark". It will have your whole medical history (incase of emergencies) and what not.

But too late the billions with the mark will realize that -far from "freeing them" it enslaves them to Big Brother. Too late we will realize that we all have the"mark of the beast" that is fortold!

So the "666" is somekind of check digit at the end of your bar code.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 10 Sep 2012, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 8:42 pm

נרונ קסר

(נ) Nun 50
(ר) Resh 200
(ו) Vav 6
(נ) Nun 50

(ק) Qoph 100
(ס) Samekh 60
(ר) Resh 200

50 + 200 + 6 + 50 + 60 + 200 = 666

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 8:43 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
נרונ קסר

(נ) Nun 50
(ר) Resh 200
(ו) Vav 6
(נ) Nun 50

(ק) Qoph 100
(ס) Samekh 60
(ר) Resh 200

Nah! It was Ronald Wilson Reagan. 6 letters, 6 letters, 6 letters. 666.

ruveyn

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 8:46 pm

ruveyn wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
נרונ קסר

(נ) Nun 50
(ר) Resh 200
(ו) Vav 6
(נ) Nun 50

(ק) Qoph 100
(ס) Samekh 60
(ר) Resh 200

Nah! It was Ronald Wilson Reagan. 6 letters, 6 letters, 6 letters. 666.

I will defer to you on this matter. :lol:
ruveyn

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 8:53 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
נרונ קסר

(נ) Nun 50
(ר) Resh 200
(ו) Vav 6
(נ) Nun 50

(ק) Qoph 100
(ס) Samekh 60
(ר) Resh 200

So, who would this be?

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 9:01 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
נרונ קסר

(נ) Nun 50
(ר) Resh 200
(ו) Vav 6
(נ) Nun 50

(ק) Qoph 100
(ס) Samekh 60
(ר) Resh 200

So, who would this be?

Inuyasha

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 9:02 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Revelation 13 wrote:
Then I saw another beast, which came up out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb's horns, and it spoke like a dragon. It used the vast authority of the first beast in its presence. It forced the earth and all who live on it to worship the first beast, whose wound had healed. This second beast performed great miracles; it made fire come down out of heaven to earth in the sight of everyone. And it deceived all the people living on earth by means of the miracles which it was allowed to perform in the presence of the first beast. The beast told them to build an image in honor of the beast that had been wounded by the sword and yet lived. The second beast was allowed to breathe life into the image of the first beast, so that the image could talk and put to death all those who would not worship it. The beast forced all the people, small and great, rich and poor, slave and free, to have a mark placed on their right hands or on their foreheads. No one could buy or sell without this mark, that is, the beast's name or the number that stands for the name.

This calls for wisdom. Whoever is intelligent can figure out the meaning of the number of the beast, because the number stands for the name of someone. Its number is 666.

We have quite a lot of highly intelligent people here, and no shortage of smarty-pants, either.

Has anyone worked out this brain-teaser? The number 666 stood for someone's name. Whose?

Most likely, it was the roman emperor Nero. I don't think that Revelation was ever meant as a prophesy in the context in which it was originally written, just like the book of Daniel.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 9:06 pm

My guess is that John was speaking out of his ass on this one. Needed a funny ambiguous riddle to spice up his tale.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 9:07 pm

My ex. :lol:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 9:22 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Revelation 13 wrote:

It's an as-yet unfulfilled prophecy. The person that the mark of the beast stands for doesn't have a name yet. When he is revealed, we will know. Until then...

I've heard some discussion on it being connected with a Roman emperor, possibly Nero or (more likely) Domitian (if you believe Eusebius). The Roman numeral is DCLXVI. Some manuscripts have "the mark" as 616, which is DCXVI. I don't get the connection other than some far-out way of reducing Nero's name to Greek and translating it to Hebrew, adding up all the numbers, and coming up with 666. Or something like that. I dunno. If John was referring to Nero, then that would suggest an early date for writing Revelation. It's plausible, but I tend to favor the 90s, which I believe concurs with scholarly consensus. So if it points to a contemporary of the writing of Revelation, Domitian would be the best candidate. And this is all assuming that John was connecting anti-Christ to a Roman emperor.

And I have my doubts. I'm fairly certain this hasn't happened yet. Also, the number 666 being revealed in a religious writing pretty much guarantees that the number/mark/sign isn't going to be revealed to all the world in any obvious way. Talk about spoiling the ending. Believers should be able to pick it out when the time comes. I thought the "Left Behind" authors handled this in a pretty clever way by changing the number to 216, and the series is littered with 216 references. Care to venture a guess as to why that has anything to do with Revelation? Definitely a good way to sneak one past end-time Christians.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 9:27 pm

Slipknot is......*if* and only if I'm 5-5-5.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 9:52 pm

Wait..no...it's Barack Obama. DCXVI (616) shows that antichrist will be reign from "DC," as in Washington D.C. He has already been anointed as the false messiah by the lame-stream media and will be finally revealed during the last year of his reign in the year "16," i.e. 2016. Interestingly enough, he was born in "61," which is reverse of "16." Note that the beast is described as "the beast from the sea." Where was Obama born? In Hawaii? Which is..."in the sea..."

Look, all the signs are there. Look for the grand deception and a miraculous re-election in November.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 10:03 pm

I have to admit I don't know much for this beast.

Now the Whore of Babylon, she sounds interesting.

11 Sep 2012, 12:14 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
Revelation 13 wrote:

Yo mama :afro:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 4:57 am

JakobVirgil wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
נרונ קסר

(נ) Nun 50
(ר) Resh 200
(ו) Vav 6
(נ) Nun 50

(ק) Qoph 100
(ס) Samekh 60
(ר) Resh 200

So, who would this be?

Inuyasha

I knew it!
But seriously, the most responsible scholars, who tend to be of the mainline Protestant and Catholic traditions agree that 666 is a reference to Nero, and possibly Domitian. That was what my pastor had presented the 666 reference to us as, when we studied Revelations in Bible study, and I have no reason to think otherwise.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer