Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 8:33 pm

Since I didn't post this video on the anniversary of Osama Bin Laden's death, I'll post it now:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbcgsGyN7cU&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Notice the beginning of the video where Palestinians are celebrating the deaths of the people who died in the World Trade Centre, in the immediate aftermath of the 9/11 attacks? Well, those same people were upset over the death of Osama Bin Laden when US special forces shot him in the head, with the Palestinian authority going so far as condemning it and calling Bin Laden a "holy warrior". I kind of feel a sick pleasure over the fact that people in the middle east who supported Osama Bin Laden and celebrated the 9/11 attacks later got butt-hurt over the fact that he was shot in the head. You reap what you sow, ain't payback a b***h?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 4:44 am

I remember well when that f****r got popped, as May 1st is my birthday. Yep, America's greatest modern enemy was killed on my birthday. Couldn't have asked for a better present.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 10:52 am

Those who sow the wind often reap the whirlwind.

What about an airplane straight into the Burj Khalifa? For an eye an eye. For a wound a wound.

The Japanese killed a bit over 4000 Americans during their Pearl Harbor attack 7/12/1941. We returned the favor with interest. We laid their cities waste. We killed nearly a million of their civilians in air attacks and millions of their fighting people. We lost an opportunity to do the same thing at the second Pearl Harbor 9/11/2001. Damn!

ruveyn

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

11 Sep 2012, 11:47 am

Really ruveyn, really?
And when yours and their families are all killed and the survivors stand on the burned remains of civilization - what then? How will hubris feed you?

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 11:53 am

Cornflake wrote:
Really ruveyn, really?
And when yours and their families are all killed and the survivors stand on the burned remains of civilization - what then? How will hubris feed you?

The dead will be as mountains and the living shall envy and consume them

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 1:44 pm

ruveyn wrote:

What about an airplane straight into the Burj Khalifa? For an eye an eye. For a wound a wound.

The Japanese killed a bit over 4000 Americans during their Pearl Harbor attack 7/12/1941. We returned the favor with interest. We laid their cities waste. We killed nearly a million of their civilians in air attacks and millions of their fighting people. We lost an opportunity to do the same thing at the second Pearl Harbor 9/11/2001. Damn!

ruveyn

Unlike the Japanese, the peoples of the Middle East—Iraq, Afghanistan, or even Al-Qaida itself, never posed an existential threat to us.

Support for the likes of Bin Laden is born of ignorance, poverty and oppression. American actions of the last decade have done much to promote all three in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere. I’d say we’re doing a bit of sowing ourselves.

A bit of restraint, understanding and wisdom in the wake of 9/11 would have been much more beneficial.

Quote:
Begin each day by telling yourself: Today I shall be meeting with interference, ingratitude, insolence, disloyalty, ill-will, and selfishness--all of them due to the offenders' ignorance of what is good or evil. But for my part I have long perceived the nature of good and its nobility, the nature of evil and its meanness, and also the nature of the culprit himself, who is my brother (not in the physical sense, but as a fellow-creature similarly endowed with reason and a share of the divine); therefore none of those things can injure me, for nobody can implicate me in what is degrading. Neither can I be angry with my brother or fall foul of him; for he and I were born to work together, like a man's two hands, feet, or eyelids, or like the upper and lower rows of his teeth. To obstruct each other is against Nature's law--and what is irritation or aversion but a form of obstruction?

~ Marcus Aurelius

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 3:51 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
Really ruveyn, really?

The dead will be as mountains and the living shall envy and consume them

Ooooh! Icky!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 4:18 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Unlike the Japanese, the peoples of the Middle East—Iraq, Afghanistan, or even Al-Qaida itself, never posed an existential threat to us.

Given that Al-Qaida pulled off an operation that killed 2000 people, on your own country's soil I might add, damn straight they were a threat.

GoonSquad wrote:
Support for the likes of Bin Laden is born of ignorance, poverty and oppression. American actions of the last decade have done much to promote all three in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere. I’d say we’re doing a bit of sowing ourselves.

Support for Bin Ladin existed long before 9/11. [/sarcasm] Shame, poor Bin Laden, they shouldn't of shot him in the head. They should've just done nothing so that he could plan the mass murders of even more civilians in the west. [/sarcasm] An apologist for mass murder, I see.

GoonSquad wrote:
A bit of restraint, understanding and wisdom in the wake of 9/11 would have been much more beneficial.

Actually, the way I see it is the following:

Since Al-Qaida only managed to pull off one successful attack following 9/11, the London and Madrid bombings, while others have been complete failures, I'd say the crackdown has been extremely effective. If you think that rewarding Al-Qaida for killing 2000 civilians by just doing what they wanted would be beneficial in any way shape or form, you are either utterly and extremely naive or you just need to have your head examined.