Dear "You"...From "Me"-Letters Unsent

Page 274 of 310 [ 4953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277 ... 310  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2020, 10:00 am

I want to have...the freedom...to...NOT...have contempt for you.

I like you as a person. I don't wanna hafta pick between liking OR respecting a person. It would be nice to be able to do both.

So can you PLEASE stop talking that way on the job????

Imagine that you encountered a fifteen year old kid. Imagine that this kid were to get upset and emotional everytime the sun sets at night. And imagine that this kid (old enough to be highschool) were to get equally emotional every time the sun rises in the morning. Imagine a human being who has been on the planet for 15 years, but who still hasn't figured out that its a cycle, and that the sun just friggin does that every 24 hours. It called "day and night".

That's how f*****g ret*d you sound when you talk that way.

You have worked for this company as long as I have been, which is for fifteen plus years. The thing you kvetch about is an everyday part of the job that I figured out how to deal with fifteen years ago, and haven't given a second thought about in fifteen years, and haven't emoted an emotion about in fifteen years. So the very fact that it is still a "thing" on your radar screen to even think about galls me. But you act SURPRISED by it. you're STILL surprised by something that happened to you every friggin day for fifteen years! And you have an emotional quiver in your voice when you talk about it. Forget about being my supervisor. You shouldn't be let out of a rubber room in an institution if you combine THAT much stupidity with THAT much emotional instability.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2020, 1:31 pm

Thank you for being genuine. I can cope with genuine people much more easily than I can with people who dance around and try and be things. People who can be themselves, no matter how weird, are so much more easy to get-along with.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2020, 11:31 am

I want to talk to everyone but it feels like in my shoes, I can't get any kind of worthwhile message across. If I'm any less alone as a result of this pandemic, I have yet to figure out how.

I don't know if being reminded I exist would help anyone.

I've seen some really bad days before & I think I could be of help in relative terms; I still feel like I'm no good at starting conversations.

Should I really just embrace the awkwardness or would that be the worst thing I can do?

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2020, 4:19 pm

I hate you. I wish you had just left me alone then I never would have been hurt or lost any friends. You are a selfish pig.

I HATE YOU

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2020, 3:11 pm

Dear You,

PLEEEEEASE stop saying the same things over and over without appreciating or listening to our responses. We aren't all stupid like you claim. Also, you seriously need to check your facts. You have them wrong again, because you panic and jump to conclusions without doing research.

Thirdly, it would also be much appreciated if you could demonstrate even one ounce of empathy for others. Believe it or not, other people are suffering too.

Isabella

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2020, 8:44 pm

I'm really lost & confused socially now, even more than I already was. I'm not withdrawn because I resent people, I'm withdrawn because I don't want to take out my frustration on anyone but myself.

All I feel about my current situation is uncertainty & I'm not one to reach out to people from a place of pain or anxiety.

Everything about the world now makes me doubt that I'll ever be in touch with most of my friends again. I seriously, really, deeply want to be wrong about that.

I try to remain invisible for everyone's sake.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2020, 6:28 pm

Dear Mum,

Is the reason that you don't want me over this weekend really because of Coronavirus or is it really because Germany is my second favourite country after Canada?

You know who

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2020, 2:24 pm

Dear You,

Are you familiar with the
Irish Goodbye?  Aside from the name being a mild slander against the Irish (it's also known as the "French Exit", by the way), it's the act of making a departure without advance notice or even saying "goodbye" -- thus avoiding any emotional interaction.

Loitering about the foyer while announcing one's departure from a party only serves to delay the inevitable.  A quick departure is all that's necessary, as sooner or later someone (the host or another guest) will remark upon your absence and draw attention to the fact that you are not longer there.

So please, there is no need to make a dramatic exit.  Waving your arms about and calling out the names of the other guests, each in turn, just to express your feeling toward them are completely unnecessary as well.

There's the door.  No one is paying attention.  Just go.

Sincerely,

Me

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2020, 12:07 am

I've been thinking about you a lot lately and I wish I had done a lot of things differently.

I was pretty black and white about how I did everything when I was younger and I'm sorry that I wasn't more tactful.

Thank you for putting up with me graciously.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2020, 10:10 pm

Jan,

I was thinking about that situation tonight and I felt overwhelmed with a need to say thank you again. A million acts of gratitude couldn't repay the dignity you afforded me, and the salvation you've been in my life. I wonder how you are, and if you know what an impact you've had on my every waking moment of the past ten years. What may have been one strange, random occurrence for you has been the building block of who we are today. I can't thank you enough.

I pray you are well, and I'll never forget you.

:star:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2020, 10:20 pm

w, i hope you are ok wherever you are at.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 5:56 pm

Fear not.  All that transpires is ordained where that which is ordained must be.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 12:47 am

que sera sera

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 7:26 am

I had a dream about you. Quietly and earnestly talking but incorporeal. We argued like an old dance, more in remembrance and reliving the old steps. Dreams are strange.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2020, 9:14 am

"Look Luke, I take 100% responsibility for what I said and did. I was a creep and a total a***hole to you 2 years ago. Why did I do it? A mixture of bitterness and trying anything to make you respond, which as you saw turned out really well. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I was lonely, depressed, and angry at the world. I was wrong to say the things I did. I'm sorry I did and said all those things to you.

As you might have noticed, I mean this with the best of intentions - I can't for reasons I can't explain, go into detail about it on here. Others (with bad intentions) read my posts too."

So IOW, the "Please listen" bit at the top is deleted as are the last two paragraphs. I just think it looks less intense and hopefully he won't worry about me anymore. I just want to forget it all ever happened.

Last edited by envirozentinel on 20 Jan 2021, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.: at user's request

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 5:29 pm

You insulted mum when I said she did something nice for me because she's old and doesn't always say the right thing. I care more about roles/deeds than about words. I protect her, she looks after me. I'm old fashioned like that, mate.

You ignored me when I said my team. I was always polite and congratulated yours. You were polite to Greg but not me. What gives with that? We deserve it almost as much as they do and far more than your close run affair.

You clearly don't actually understand principles and haven't picked up a history book. It's like you get your politics off the shelf without thinking too much about it. I hope one day you pick up a book and read about Irish history and what your ancestors actually went through. I have done that.

Basically, mate. I'm through. And I believe you 100% which is a damn shame if you don't protect your mother the way I protect mine...