Dear "You"...From "Me"-Letters Unsent

Page 286 of 310 [ 4953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289 ... 310  Next

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 9:12 am

You plague me with guilt and regret and exacerbate my rigid mindset.

You just can't let go of what has been and move forward.

Never-ending cycles.

"And I've embraced the calamity, with a detachment and a passive disinterest."

"I hear voices...But I ignore them and just carry on killing."

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 5:45 am

To you,

Those small things are everything to me. They tend to be the most thoughtful things. Just like that random smile when it's not needed but it's done because the individual is hurting. I should stop assuming too much from them, but it's understandable that I make that mistake due to how long I've been daydreaming. Sorry. I'm not vanishing/withdrawing again and that'll be a promise; in the end, I care if you're alive and well. I do know you care.

I also made a couple of other stupid assumptions, but I tend to do that. I should have presumed you'd likely have a partner because of how good a "catch" you are :P (I see different things there with you, like strength, independence, kindness and all that, but I can see the objective things all the same if I bother to look at them, which I usually don't). I don't know this, but the confidence is very high on that one, and I should have realized that one sooner, but those dreams do dream things. I probably wouldn't have spoken to you if I didn't dream, so maybe it's good that I did, as it may have righted some things. Another will be that I'm worthy of your attention to begin with, and yeah, I don't think I am, nor have I ever (that'll be for many humans all the same; I never mentioned that one), but that's another thing entirely. Self-esteem I guess, as I've always felt ugly on the inside, my personality, and that's who we are, which might explain a few things. My dreams again allowed me to talk to you in the face of this, which also might have righted some things.

I'll stop being sappy now and leave you be.

Love,
D

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 6:40 am

Hey,

I know you read these things now and again, just as you used to all the same, and I'm glad you do. You know I can't really tell you how I feel out in the painful world, and the times I do, I know they upset you. You'll know I'm alright considering everything. I can still say how I feel here regardless of what I can share or not. How I feel is how I feel.

I'll always feel like a burden for the past as you helped me when you should have been focusing on other things, such as your life. You say too many nice things about me, and I have trouble thinking they're real, but I guess you know me since you've always been there.

Love,
D

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 6:52 am

Dear you,

My regret is that you only saw the worst of me

From me

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 8:59 am

I really wish I could be of more help or use to you.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 9:44 am

I don't feel like we have anything in common anymore. You've lived a whole other kind of life.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 7:52 pm

Hey,

I'm sorry, but it's how I feel and always have. Yeah, there's never been much left there. I never really left that first hospital and your son wasn't the same one, but you've kept me going, so thank you. You carried it all too and helped me become something akin to a human again. Dad couldn't understand, but we know why that one is; much easier if I was like him for me, but I won't take that exchange.

I wish I could take your illness and pain from you.

Love,
D

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 10:33 pm

Dear You,

Please bear with me. I'm doing the best I can right now. It's so much easier to talk in person or even in written form. You know I'm awful on the phone and I'm awful with feelings, but I do miss you and I want things to be better. I'm just as frustrated as you are, in more ways than one.

Please wait for me.

Relax_on_Standby
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jan 2022, 12:36 am

I need to let go before I sink my own ship

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 7:59 am

To you,

I love you.

Regardless of anything and for everything.

Not really unsent, as it's out there for all,
D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 9:28 am

You . . .

I know what you did.  You have 24 hours to make things right on your own.  You were nice to me once, so I owe you that much.  If the 24 hours have elapsed with no action on your part, I go to the authorities, present the evidence, sit back, and watch what happens.  This is your only warning.

. . . Me

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 5:05 pm

You,

The pressure makes me feel demoralised and disillusioned, and puts a damper on the little I've managed to achieve. I don't want the red carpet royal treatment either. Just a little guidance and genuine support and empathy, and if failing that, I just wish to be left alone.

Me.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 7:13 am

Hey,

You make me laugh. Amazingly so. I guess that answered my assumption though. :) No, you don't know her, and I don't think she'd see me as you do there, just saying, as I likely caused too much pain there (sorry). I guess I've caused it with you all the same, but different types (sorry). You have far too much bias, and in person tends to paint that painting a little different than words, and doing things in that painful but mostly peaceful world likely builds things differently. It's just my hopes and wishes there. Just feelings. She's helped me far more than she'd know, and I'd like her to know how I feel for that.

Thanks for checking on me though. It makes me happy seeing you more mobile and in less pain (that'll be an understatement).

Love,
Son

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 9:14 am

Fnord wrote:
You . . .

I know what you did.  You have 24 hours to make things right on your own.  You were nice to me once, so I owe you that much.  If the 24 hours have elapsed with no action on your part, I go to the authorities, present the evidence, sit back, and watch what happens.  This is your only warning.

. . . Me
You . . .

Did nothing.  Good-bye!

. . . Me

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 6:34 am

Hey (to you),

I wish I could have showed my love to you, and that gentleness I apparently have. Just feeling those regrets, sorry, and my biggest one will come running to you here.

Love,
D

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2022, 9:06 am

Hey,

I'm just gonna smile.

Love,
D