Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Civ001
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Sep 2012, 9:53 pm

Whenever I am on facebook I would try to chat and see who is online and figure out if they will reply or not. It works for some of the time but most of the time when I get a few responces none replys back. How about you? Does anyone ever chat with you on facebook?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 10:03 pm

i have about 40 facebook friends who are only acquaintances. three of them are close enough that we chat a few times per month.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 10:16 pm

Yes I use it-I have been de-friended though and I fear some have gone invisible to me for some reason I do not know-I wish people would just say what I did instead of treating me like trash.

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 10:28 pm

Chats are nice.

TheSunAlsoRises

one-A-N
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 5:47 am

About once, maybe twice ever. But I don't like chat, just as I don't like phone calls.

mljt
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2012, 7:12 am

I appear offline because there are certain people who talk to me constantly and I don't want to talk to them. I used to just ignore them and then respond once they'd gone offline claiming facebook chat was rubbish, but then they introduced the "seen at [time]" which shows them you're ignoring them, so now I just appear offline. I'll message people and have a conversation if I want to.

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 11:58 pm

they should have a feature where you get a chat request from someone and your decision is either to accept or deny that request. that should be a new feature for facebook chat. just suggesting.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 12:13 am

I only chat to my boyfriend on Facebook chat - it's our main means of communication.

I've found that on antidepressants I can just about manage to use Facebook chat - thus how I ended-up being able to talk to my boyfriend to begin with, before we started dating - but I've just come off antidepressants and already I'm finding my social anxiety is becoming a problem again, even talking to my boyfriend is a little challenging now. Anyone but the boyfriend is a no-no via chat, just can't cope with that sort of social interaction with people any more (I loved any sort of online chat in my teens and early twenties).

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 1:26 am

Bloodheart wrote:
I only chat to my boyfriend on Facebook chat - it's our main means of communication.

I've found that on antidepressants I can just about manage to use Facebook chat - thus how I ended-up being able to talk to my boyfriend to begin with, before we started dating - but I've just come off antidepressants and already I'm finding my social anxiety is becoming a problem again, even talking to my boyfriend is a little challenging now. Anyone but the boyfriend is a no-no via chat, just can't cope with that sort of social interaction with people any more (I loved any sort of online chat in my teens and early twenties).

why don't you tell him that your having trouble with your conversation and you get very nervous? telling him can him know that your not comfortable. taking medication for that is just a way to numb the pain.

blackmetal83092
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Sep 2012, 4:32 am

I'll chat with my homie on facebook...sometimes old friends I haven't talked to in a while, but that's about it. I've noticed most people (this includes me) don't really like chatting on facebook. The best way I can describe it is I don't wanna sit at a computer and just full-convo IM somebody. I have to stop what I'm doing and answer this person, and it's just really inconvenient. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but there's other stuff I wanna do when I'm at home and IM'ing like that would just take up way too much time, plus I hear my guitar, my games, etc. calling my name. lol. It might sound mean, but that's really the way most people look at it. If you're a girl...god help you. You're already getting blown up with notifications, friend requests, messages, etc. Don't ever try to IM a girl on facebook and expect her to respond...poor thing's already got enough on her plate.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 10:43 am

Its the only thing I use it for actually. I'm not an attention seeker so don't feel the need to share all my inner thoughts or anything for that matter to the mostly insignificant people on my "friends" list.

blackmetal83092
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Sep 2012, 10:58 am

All depends on what you post man. Here's an idea: post funny stuff or thought provoking stuff, go to youtube, find some songs you might be into, post those. Have an uplifting attitude. Talk about current issues or relavent issues (without making any attacks, pointing fingers, or seeming unpleasant about the situation.) Facebook can be a downer, I know all too well. Personally, I found a way to not let it bother me, but it took a few years. I know the pain you all feel, so, if you'd like, you can message me and I'll provide you with my facebook URL. I might not get to your messages right away, and there's only so much time I can chat, but I will get back to you and I'd be more than happy to be that friend who isn't gonna delete you, block you, or ignore your messages. Anybody interested, just shoot me a message, ok?

OCD_Angel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Sep 2012, 12:54 pm

I have FB chat turned off. Hate when people send me a text just to talk about inane stuff. Bores the hell out of me.