Is JK Rowling should get the Nobel Prize for Literature???

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 4:24 am

The entire series of books about Harry Potter is without a doubt its charm but does not deserve the Nobel Prize. For me, the only writer of books of children and teens who deserves this award, Mr. Nobel's compatriot Mrs. Astrid Lindgren, but never the Nobel committee awarded the prize in my opinion, if she did not get the award, it is not supposed to get any other writer of youth literature.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 7:23 am

Did she get the noble prize?

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 12:07 pm

Ganondox wrote:
Did she get the noble prize?

I like Harry Potter but if JK Rowling received for this book, Nobel prize, it would mean that the mental state of the Nobel committee is something wrong, with all due respect to Harry Potter and it's creator;-)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 12:10 pm

If J.K. Rowling gets the prize, then C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien should, as well.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 4:54 pm

The Nobel committee has a bloody poor track record. Particularly the peace prize.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 1:47 am

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
The Nobel committee has a bloody poor track record. Particularly the peace prize.

This is true they almost gave the Nobel Peace Prize to Adolf Hitler :-)

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 6:56 am

pawelk1986 wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:

Not to mention giving it to Barack Obama when he had actually done nothing for peace except give a number of empty campaign speeches.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 10:17 am

outofplace wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:

Not to mention giving it to Barack Obama when he had actually done nothing for peace except give a number of empty campaign speeches.

(Can't recall the title, but there's a book dealing with the truly awful choices they have made.)

The Harry Potter series is a nice chunk of children's literature, but that's it.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 10:45 am

If JK Rowling gets the Nobel prize for literature . . wow . . . I think I would loose faith on our species

BenPritchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2012, 2:19 am

There are better authors out there, simple as.

If she's going to win a Nobel Prize she's won it 15 years too late. Seriously, the whole "it got children into reading again" has passed.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 2:10 pm

BenPritchard wrote:

If she's going to win a Nobel Prize she's won it 15 years too late. Seriously, the whole "it got children into reading again" has passed.

The fact that the final chapter involved SO many explanations of what had happened meant it was not well written. Gigantic popularity does not equal quality.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 2:22 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
The fact that the final chapter involved SO many explanations of what had happened meant it was not well written. Gigantic popularity does not equal quality.

Are you perhaps referring to the Book of the Revelation by John the Apostle?

;)

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 3:01 pm

Fnord wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:

;)

Unlike the Harry Potter the Apocalypse of St. John is written under the inspiration of God, just as all the other books of the old and new testament

BenPritchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2012, 3:20 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
BenPritchard wrote:

Yeah I know. That's what I was trying to get across. It's just that if she's going to win a Nobel Prize she might as well have won one 15 years ago instead of pointlessly winning one now.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 5:07 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Unlike the Harry Potter the Apocalypse of St. John is written under the inspiration of God, just as all the other books of the old and new testament

Yet, none of THOSE writers was ever nominated for a Nobel Prize, either.

:lol:

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 2:05 pm

Fnord wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:

Yet, none of THOSE writers was ever nominated for a Nobel Prize, either.

:lol:

it's a cruel world we live in, ain't it?