Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2012, 2:15 am

I don't even say that it's just PTSD alone.
I think the brain is waaaaaay too complex to do that.

I think that several different theories are possible:
a) Those are just "dissociative" symptoms
b) I have mild PTSD symptoms, BUT on the time of the anniversary some symptoms get so heavy that I get certain psychotic symptoms.
c) I have a tendency for psychotic symptoms and once a year on anniersary of the trauma those get pushed because of too much stress.
d) ASD and Bipolar CAN go along with psychotic symptoms by too much stress and the PTSD pushes this around the time of the anniversary.
e) I don't have Bipolar, but Schizoaffective and it gets just "pushed" by too much stress, like certain events of the trauma are.

But I think it is IMPOSSIBLE that it has nothing to do with the PTSD, because they just occour together on certain dates of the trauma. So is MUST have to do something with the PTSD, no matter what.
The questions are just:
a) What are those symptoms? (psychotic symptoms OR dissociation?)
b) How are they connected to the PTSD

But the first question is way more important anyway.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2012, 8:56 am

Ettina wrote:

Quote:
"The volume of studies with reasonable sample sizes and conservatice definitions of abuse that have replicated findings in this area suggest that a relationship does exist between trauma and psychosis for some people."