Salival [Box Set] (2000) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Lateralus (2001) 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
10,000 Days (2006) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Chevand
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 1:39 pm

I discovered Tool when I was a freshman in high school. My first album was Undertow, soon after followed by Lateralus (which had just been released) and Ænima. In a world where Britney Spears and *NSYNC were receiving the lion's share of attention, Tool was, to me, an oasis-- one of the first bands I ever heard with such a deep and rich intellect behind its music. I have been a devoted fan ever since, and have even had the pleasure of attending one of their live shows during the 10,000 Days tour six years ago.

Even while they have an extremely acute sense of humour, Tool has a tendency, in both their music and their animated videos, to be notoriously dense and labyrinthine. As an Aspie prone to obsessive fixations, Tool stimulates me because there is always something new to be discovered upon digging deeper and pushing further into their music. For that reason, I thought it might be nice to have a thread here to encourage some substantive discussions, for Tool fans who might be interested in sharing their reflections. So, if you're a fan of Tool, you can talk about why or how you discovered them, or what you like about them, or you can share interpretations of song lyrics or videos, or you can just chat about when they might finally release their next album. Anything goes here-- so don't be afraid to "push the envelope" and "watch it bend". ;)

KinetiK
Raven
Raven

16 Sep 2012, 11:28 pm

I absolutely love Tool. I got into them because I heard they were inspired by King Crimson (my favorite band), I've only recently dug deep into Tool's music and they're definitely a top 10 band for me, probably top 5.

I love their lyrics especially. I'm usually not big on lyrics but theirs are deeper than just about any other artist I know (except maybe Bob Dylan).

Lateralus is my favorite, followed by 10k Days.