I am screwed if he breaks up with me

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 2:58 pm

I just found out that I may have to be put on another medication. I asked my mom if I would gain weight as a side effect and she said she didn't know.

If I do gain weight and my partial boyfriend breaks up with me, I'm screwed and am destined to be alone forever. I truly love him and he truly loves me. Nobody would want me if I did gain weight.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

EstherJ
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 3:08 pm

If he truly loves you, putting on a little weight wouldn't matter.
If he breaks up, well, there are other people that would understand you for you and love you for YOU, not your appearance, so no, you wouldn't be destined to be alone. You would be rid of a shallow person. That's a GOOD thing.
And, not all medication makes you gain weight. Don't panic before you know.

Last, there are ways to avoid gaining weight, even with medication. Eat healthy, but exercise. Not heavy exercise, but enough to speed up your metabolism.

The world isn't over, and trust me, a guy who only likes you because you're skinny isn't worth it. A guy has to like you for who you ARE, not what you LOOK like. We all get old and ugly someday. It's inevitable, but look at the people who have stuck through no matter what.

I hope this helps. Do what is best for your health and well being, and let other people worry about themselves.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 3:12 pm

EstherJ wrote:
If he truly loves you, putting on a little weight wouldn't matter.
If he breaks up, well, there are other people that would understand you for you and love you for YOU, not your appearance, so no, you wouldn't be destined to be alone. You would be rid of a shallow person. That's a GOOD thing.
And, not all medication makes you gain weight. Don't panic before you know.

Last, there are ways to avoid gaining weight, even with medication. Eat healthy, but exercise. Not heavy exercise, but enough to speed up your metabolism.

The world isn't over, and trust me, a guy who only likes you because you're skinny isn't worth it. A guy has to like you for who you ARE, not what you LOOK like. We all get old and ugly someday. It's inevitable, but look at the people who have stuck through no matter what.

I hope this helps. Do what is best for your health and well being, and let other people worry about themselves.

He's not shallow. What I meant was he loves me for me. I'm referring to other guys who expect women to be like some sort of Barbie Doll. No, my guy is awesome :D

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 3:22 pm

the meds that cause weight gain do it by making you hungry. if you don't give in and eat, or if you choose to eat broccoli and apples and carrots instead of chips or cookies, you won't be likely to gain much.

if you give the name of the med, i can tell you if it will even be an issue. private message me if you don't want to reveal it to the world. i have a PDR, which lists all meds and their side effects.

Blammo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Sep 2012, 5:38 pm

You'll be fine :)

Exercise and diet advice was correct, that should balance most of it out.

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2012, 8:08 pm

If you think he will leave you, then lose weight. Exercise and eat healthy - it's that simple.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 8:31 pm

@zxy8, That isn't a healthy response, it's not a healthy relationship if you have to lose weight so the other partner won't end the reationship. And she's talking about not gaining weight, she never said she needs to lose weight.

Everyone who has given advice about eating healthy and staying fit is right. Medicine can't make you gain weight if you aren't eating too much on it.

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2012, 8:35 pm

meems wrote:
@zxy8, That isn't a healthy response, it's not a healthy relationship if you have to lose weight so the other partner won't end the reationship. And she's talking about not gaining weight, she never said she needs to lose weight.

Everyone who has given advice about eating healthy and staying fit is right. Medicine can't make you gain weight if you aren't eating too much on it.

I think it is a healthy response. When people get into relationships, they don't get into it with a person who has gained a lot more than they originally are. Physical attraction is an important part of relationships. And I'm saying that if she is worried about him leaving her over gaining weight, then lose weight.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 8:57 pm

Why lose weight when she hasn't gained any?

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2012, 8:58 pm

meems wrote:
Why lose weight when she hasn't gained any?

If she is worried about it, then do it. There is also health benefits, but I wasn't really referring to them.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 9:07 pm

She hasn't said she's gained weight. There is no health benefit to losing weight when you're at a healthy weight. What would be the point?

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2012, 9:11 pm

meems wrote:
She hasn't said she's gained weight. There is no health benefit to losing weight when you're at a healthy weight. What would be the point?

How do you know she is at a healthy weight? She always makes threads and posts about her unhealthy weight.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 9:26 pm

Alright, well, she's concerned that if she gains weight he'll dump her. She isn't saying she's gained weight, so what is the problem with her current weight if she's fine with it and so is her beau?

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2012, 9:27 pm

meems wrote:
Alright, well, she's concerned that if she gains weight he'll dump her. She isn't saying she's gained weight, so what is the problem with her current weight if she's fine with it and so is her beau?

She complains about her weight in heaps of other threads. If both are fine with it, then fine, and good for them. But she always complains about it.

Evy7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Sep 2012, 10:02 pm

losing weight to be healthy is a plus. But losing weight to please a boyfriend is just not right. And basically eat fruit when you are hungry between meals and eat 3 meals a day and eat a lot of veggies too if you like them.

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 12:39 am

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I just found out that I may have to be put on another medication. I asked my mom if I would gain weight as a side effect and she said she didn't know.

If I do gain weight and my partial boyfriend breaks up with me, I'm screwed and am destined to be alone forever. I truly love him and he truly loves me. Nobody would want me if I did gain weight.

How does a "partial boyfriend" love you?