Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

GralienTourist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Sep 2012, 10:25 pm

I tend to say what I feel nowadays. I don't consider myself charming, but I'm overall seen as good natured. I think sometimes it's considered that I'm not tactful about some things. But then I often find others coarse mannered too, so I don't let the world judge me too much.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 7:32 am

When it comes to typing something, it generally comes off as being arrogant, rude and forceful.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 2:06 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
When it comes to typing something, it generally comes off as being arrogant, rude and forceful.

Which is funny considering text can provide none of those. I stick with my original assessment lol, it's all in their heads.

Last edited by Jaden on 19 Sep 2012, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 6:56 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:

I seem to share this unique gift.

Bunnynose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Sep 2012, 7:55 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:

And our intent was to be honest, truthful and forthright.

lol

[Sigh]

It's the Aspie curse, I tell you, to utter facts and truth and to be paid back with scorn, insult and derision.

But then again, our delivery (especially choice in words) may have something to do with how we are perceived.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 1:57 pm

Bunnynose wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:

And our intent was to be honest, truthful and forthright.

lol

[Sigh]

It's the Aspie curse, I tell you, to utter facts and truth and to be paid back with scorn, insult and derision.

But then again, our delivery (especially choice in words) may have something to do with how we are perceived.

Granted, but at the same time it's still other people and their assumptions and choice reactions that ultimately makes it a problem, because we don't choose to be the way we are, but they do choose to make their assumptions and respond with insult, scorn, and derision based on those assumptions. And they ultimately will influence others and their perspectives based on their false assumptions as well, causing an even bigger problem. (I speak from experience) Not all people are like that, but that only proves to me that the people that are, are doing it purposefully, and to me that shows complete social immaturity.
What really takes the cake is when they try to say that we're the ones that caused their problems. I've actually gone off on people who have said that to me, before because I don't make them assume anything (and you know the saying about when you assume something) nor do I make them react the way they do, causing their problems. They do that all on their own.
I do agree, it's not always their fault, it's mostly a lack in knowledge and communication (and in some cases, maturity and common sense as well), but people need to realize that we don't think the way they do, most of us aren't able to think that way, it's a matter of connections in the brain, not behavior (unlike them). So in reality they're insulting us because of a birth defect.