RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 12:50 am

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 3:42 am

Dozens of gods throughout world history had spouses, usually fellow deities.

to his Interest."

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 12:41 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:

And about half of those had marital issues. Take the primary deities in Shintoism, Izanagi and Izanami. The two of them were married once, but now they're constantly bickering at each other across the border of Yomi (Japanese version of Hades).

And let's not even get started on the literally Olympic-sized clusterf**k of incest and adultery that is the Greek pantheon. I mean seriously, that s**t is messed up.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 1:46 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:

And about half of those had marital issues. Take the primary deities in Shintoism, Izanagi and Izanami. The two of them were married once, but now they're constantly bickering at each other across the border of Yomi (Japanese version of Hades).

And let's not even get started on the literally Olympic-sized clusterf**k of incest and adultery that is the Greek pantheon. I mean seriously, that sh** is messed up.

yes but in spite of the risks, they did it anyways.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 2:16 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Roxas_XIII wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:

And let's not even get started on the literally Olympic-sized clusterf**k of incest and adultery that is the Greek pantheon. I mean seriously, that sh** is messed up.

So, if my math is correct, half didn't have marital issues, and ALL of them prove that "god" is not definitively single.
....which was the point.

to his Interest."

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 7:00 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Roxas_XIII wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:

So, if my math is correct, half didn't have marital issues, and ALL of them prove that "god" is not definitively single.
....which was the point.

exactly, yeah.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 7:26 pm

I cannot imagine myself in a marriage, even in the unlikely event of a woman falling in love with me. I want to live alone ever since I was 15. One of my goals is to be completely independent someday, which I will not be able to do if I live with somebody else. Regardless, I still consider the possibility of a long-term relationship if there is mutual interest, as long as each of us live our own lives.

Yes, my mind is very strange. No, I do not understand it either. :?

You know the girl I am currently obsessing about? She actually told me she has these same views on how relationships should work. A shame nothing will ever happen between us...

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.