Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 3:04 am

I do this all the time!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 3:19 am

I would prefer if my GF farts AND burps when she feels like it instead of making herself uncomfortable by having to hold it, or having to get up to do it somewhere away from people. The loud and smelly ones can be hilarious, especially in public! Edit: I thought this was about both sides nvm... but I still stand by my statement.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 10:17 am

after burps, which i do quietly, i say "excuse me". i usually try to make it to the bathroom or outdoors for gas. if i can't make it, with my husband i say, "excuse me." if i'm with a lot of people, i just hope no one knows who did it. not proper, i know, but i'm a social coward, i guess. i don't find bodily funtions funny. it's just a fact that these things are part of how we work. i consider the comfort of others. others discomfort does not amuse me.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 10:33 am

Blammo wrote:
I fart and I find it funny. :D

Hence your nickname. :lol:

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 4:50 pm

Sometimes it amuses me when my other half farts as some of them sound hilarious (squeaky pops and the like). His farting I definitely tolerate as lets face it, everyone does it. It's when he goes to the toilet for a number 2 and leaves the bathroom door open so the whole flat ends up smelling of his poop that I don't like (I still laugh but I don't like it). Is this a guy thing to do?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Sep 2012, 7:26 pm

Fiz wrote:
It's when he goes to the toilet for a number 2 and leaves the bathroom door open so the whole flat ends up smelling of his poop that I don't like (I still laugh but I don't like it). Is this a guy thing to do?

I thought the guy thing was going in there with a newspaper & closing the door so he can get alone time for an hour while he reads

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

waitykatie
Toucan
Toucan

15 Sep 2012, 12:21 am

In my circles, "Breaking the Fart Barrier" is a humorous sign of intimacy (and the man must go first). A step taken after sex, but before a marriage proposal. My college roommate had to promise her fiance that she would fart for him on their wedding night.

A few men had broken the fart barrier for me before I met my Aspie guy. He was always on his best behavior, so suave and rehearsed and polished every time I saw him. We'd been lovers for several months before he finally, y'know. It was an accident, and I reflexively burst out laughing. I felt awful when I realized how deeply embarrassed he was, but I explained why I was so relieved. He had so many amazing traits, I'd been wondering for a while if he was even human. I was happy he finally felt comfortable enough to do that, but he seemed genuinely afraid I'd break up with him. So I explained that if women left in a huff every time a guy passed wind, the human race would have ceased to exist long ago. He relaxed, though he didn't seem convinced.

So guys, if one slips, elevate it by explaining that it's a sign of intimacy. You don't fart for just anyone, you know. :)

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 1:37 pm

My significant other and I were in bed and he said he needed to and I said go for it-so he did! Then we started talking about family members and the jokes they make about farting. I'm a flatulent person and if I hold it in I will get ill. So I told him fart all you want cause soon it will be my turn! We laughed and that was that.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 11:03 pm

if i accidently let one out or one just sneaks by the gatekeeper, i just shout "DOGGIE!!"

Maerlyn138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Oct 2012, 10:21 am

My fiancee farted in her sleep one time during the first month we were together. I told her it was cute...little breezy ppuff of air on my leg. Now we always fart in fromnt of each other!

Aspie score: 159 of 200 NT score: 64 of 200