Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tamsin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2012, 5:14 pm

For me at least I know part of my problem is I just don't want to socialize very much. Unless I have to I usually don't see the point.

I think another reason is that I often will find very vague connections between conversations and other things, like movies, songs, books, and other media and will often blurt out seemingly random bits of information, but really it's just that in my head the conversation and blurted out bit of information are connected. It's just that most people can't see the connection, and I can't always verbalize it correctly, so sometimes people think I'm too weird, which causes them to avoid socializing with me, and makes me feel anxious or stupid. Or sometimes I laugh at them for being so slow. Gotta find humor where you can I suppose.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 7:16 pm

Tamsin wrote:
For me at least I know part of my problem is I just don't want to socialize very much. Unless I have to I usually don't see the point.

I think another reason is that I often will find very vague connections between conversations and other things, like movies, songs, books, and other media and will often blurt out seemingly random bits of information, but really it's just that in my head the conversation and blurted out bit of information are connected. It's just that most people can't see the connection, and I can't always verbalize it correctly, so sometimes people think I'm too weird, which causes them to avoid socializing with me, and makes me feel anxious or stupid. Or sometimes I laugh at them for being so slow. Gotta find humor where you can I suppose.

I have issues with some of that as well, people tend to think I'm random (and sometimes I am quite random), when to me it makes sense.

Gnomey
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Sep 2012, 7:37 pm

My FIL is hard of hearing and it is blamed on his poor social skills. However, he has the worst social skills of anybody I have ever met, personally I think he has aspergers.