My Gender Identity - I feel like there's not even a label

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Drebi
Raven
Raven

20 Sep 2012, 10:12 am

Rorberyllium wrote:
The way you worded it was kind of upsetting and insensitive from my perspective. People who have birth defects don't wish for them.

I apologize if I upset or offended you (or anyone else for that matter), that was not my intention. :( It's just how I *personally* feel because I wouldn't see it as a birth defect *for me* (though I can understand that it is/can be for others) as I feel that *for me* being born female was (one of) my birth defects. Even with the things that happen in this non-ideal world, I know that those around me would be much more likely to understand/accept me if I had been been born intersex (even if I would have had surgery forced upon me).

So, when I said that, I did actually mean it (for both my natural inclinations and the scenario that has been my life) but I did not mean to offend anyone or make light of their situation and I'm truly sorry if I did. I wish I had/could word it better but that's one of my faults that I'm still working on changing.

Lottiotta
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Sep 2012, 5:26 pm

I like the word non-binary. :)

If you feel like a man, present as a man, etc. Then that's gender, and you're a man. But your body retains some XX characteristics. (Lots of transguys keep their breasts, I'm told. I know a transguy who had hormones but no surgery, and didn't bind. Excellent!) So you have a binary male gender, and a non-binary sex (aspects of both male and female).

I'm not sure if there's one word to describe that, but it's nice, and interesting.