Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,538
Location: Houston, Texas

16 Sep 2012, 2:18 pm

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in ... 05976.html

It's amazing that someone actually remembered the Sega CD for something other than Night Trap.


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


Venger
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,606

16 Sep 2012, 2:38 pm

A couple of those made a "worst games ever" article in Nintendo Power magazine years ago. I think it was "Shaq-Fu", and that Michael Jordan adventure game.

By the way I'm sure "Sonic the Hedgehog CD" is the game people most remember that Sega Genesis accessory for.



NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2012
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,330
Location: Kapustin Yar

16 Sep 2012, 3:21 pm

Michael Jackson: Moonwalker was awesome, actually. I remember when Shaqfu was a thing and all the gaming magazines had articles on it. The game seemed like a big deal then I rented it one day from our long gone mom and pop video store. :lol:

some guy actually went out and brought all the copies of Shaqfu he could find. He use to have a site, was pretty funny.



Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Apr 2012
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,192

16 Sep 2012, 3:39 pm

NeueZiel wrote:
some guy actually went out and brought all the copies of Shaqfu he could find. He use to have a site, was pretty funny.


Another site appeared that was the same idea, To buy and destroy copies of the game (although I can't remember the name). The plot of the game is rather strange and the controls are just awful. The only other game from the list I've played was bulletproof (not owned by me), which was dumb, over the top, and just generic. But I've played worse.



Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,538
Location: Houston, Texas

16 Sep 2012, 4:11 pm

Colinn wrote:
NeueZiel wrote:
some guy actually went out and brought all the copies of Shaqfu he could find. He use to have a site, was pretty funny.


Another site appeared that was the same idea, To buy and destroy copies of the game (although I can't remember the name). The plot of the game is rather strange and the controls are just awful. The only other game from the list I've played was bulletproof (not owned by me), which was dumb, over the top, and just generic. But I've played worse.


Are you thinking of the ET video game for the Atari 2600, where the unsold copies were buried in the New Mexico desert?


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,886
Location: The Gem State

16 Sep 2012, 4:22 pm

I remember seeing Bulletproof at Blockbuster back in the good ol' days when I used to rent games from there. I never played it, though.



Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Oct 2010
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,748
Location: Home

16 Sep 2012, 4:32 pm

I actually liked Michael Jackson: Moonwalker. It made no sense and the concept was insane.


_________________
DISCLAIMER: It should be noted that, while I strongly suspect I have Asperger's syndrome, I am not diagnosed. Nevertheless, my score on RAADS-R is 186, which makes me a pretty RAAD guy.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.


Venger
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,606

16 Sep 2012, 4:48 pm

I wish "Michael Jackson's: Moonwalker" was available for download in the Wii Shop or PS-Store. That would have made huge profits shortly after MJ died since tons of people would have downloaded it.

It's a 1st-party game by SEGA, so it's probably pretty good.



slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Oct 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 687
Location: la la land

16 Sep 2012, 4:59 pm

I remember my aunt giving me some Mary Kate and Ashley: Sweet Sixteen game which was basically a Mario Party rip-off. It was actually playable



Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Apr 2012
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,192

16 Sep 2012, 5:02 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Are you thinking of the ET video game for the Atari 2600, where the unsold copies were buried in the New Mexico desert?


Was there a similar site set up to get rid of ET as well? I was only aware of the shaq fu websites. I've never played that infamous game, was before my time but I have seen it in action and didn't look too appealing to say the least!

IdahoRose wrote:
I remember seeing Bulletproof at Blockbuster back in the good ol' days when I used to rent games from there. I never played it, though.


Surprisingly I still have 2 stores open close by. The rental stores are becoming a dying breed. With cheap online rental services, games dropping in price to the point were its almost the same price as renting it in store, and cheap digital distribution there isn't really any demand for these places anymore. Same goes for movies as well. I'm happy the market has progressed this way, but its a bit sad at the same time that these places have failed to keep up the pace.



BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Mar 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 663

16 Sep 2012, 5:30 pm

"Michael Jackson Moonwalker" seems creepy and paranormal. I like it.

The most weird game I ever played was a kind of "geometric-outer space" game from MSX.


_________________
I don't use English since September 2007.


equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 104,327
Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

16 Sep 2012, 5:49 pm

That Home Improvement game kicked mah self in the nether region. It was THAT hard. *ouchies*


_________________
LIONS-STAMPEDERS-ESKIMOS-ROUGHRIDERS-BLUE BOMBERS-TIGER-CATS-ARGONAUTS-REDBLACKS-ALOUETTES

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."


charlulz
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 7 Sep 2012
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 108
Location: Hagerstown, Maryland

16 Sep 2012, 6:16 pm

I honestly really enjoyed Micheal Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City. It was bizarre but I found a lot of enjoyment out of it aha.



NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2012
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,330
Location: Kapustin Yar

16 Sep 2012, 8:51 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Colinn wrote:
NeueZiel wrote:
some guy actually went out and brought all the copies of Shaqfu he could find. He use to have a site, was pretty funny.


Another site appeared that was the same idea, To buy and destroy copies of the game (although I can't remember the name). The plot of the game is rather strange and the controls are just awful. The only other game from the list I've played was bulletproof (not owned by me), which was dumb, over the top, and just generic. But I've played worse.


Are you thinking of the ET video game for the Atari 2600, where the unsold copies were buried in the New Mexico desert?


No, I'm pretty sure I heard about the guy buying all the copies of Shaqfu. I think he was just..really obsessed with the game though.



guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 561
Location: Erie, PA

16 Sep 2012, 9:04 pm

Venger wrote:
I wish "Michael Jackson's: Moonwalker" was available for download in the Wii Shop or PS-Store. That would have made huge profits shortly after MJ died since tons of people would have downloaded it.

It's a 1st-party game by SEGA, so it's probably pretty good.


I downloaded the ROM for this title and found it quite disturbing. The pelvic thrusts and the little children yelling "Michael" had me laughing but also in turn made me shake my head in disgust.

In reference to Shaq-Fu.....I also remember renting this title when it was first released and playing it on the SNES. At that time 2-d fighters were popping up everywhere (mid '90s flavor of the week) with sloppy controls, storylines that didn't make sense and just all around horrible gameplay. Some titles include but are not limited to SHAQ-FU, Ballz, Rise of the Robots, Kasumi Ninja and a lot of SNK titles.


_________________
When u hit the walls of sanity, u have no-where to go....