Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2012, 12:41 am

guitarman2010 wrote:
Venger wrote:
I wish "Michael Jackson's: Moonwalker" was available for download in the Wii Shop or PS-Store. That would have made huge profits shortly after MJ died since tons of people would have downloaded it.

It's a 1st-party game by SEGA, so it's probably pretty good.

I downloaded the ROM for this title and found it quite disturbing. The pelvic thrusts and the little children yelling "Michael" had me laughing but also in turn made me shake my head in disgust.

In reference to Shaq-Fu.....I also remember renting this title when it was first released and playing it on the SNES. At that time 2-d fighters were popping up everywhere (mid '90s flavor of the week) with sloppy controls, storylines that didn't make sense and just all around horrible gameplay. Some titles include but are not limited to SHAQ-FU, Ballz, Rise of the Robots, Kasumi Ninja and a lot of SNK titles.

Yeah Street Fighter II started the mid-90s fighting game fad. My favorite game that came out of that was "TMNT Tournament Fighters" by Konami. Various TMNT characters were perfect for a fighting game with SF:II controls for the special moves.

BlackDwarf
Toucan
Toucan

17 Sep 2012, 10:07 am

I remember seeing the first guy on the page in the nostalgia critic of Kazaam review but I never knew it went as far as him appearing in a video game. Oh dear oh dear x.x.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 9:37 pm

I remember most of those older titles, but only played a few.

I remember when I was little, I always wanted to play Moonwalker, but never really got a chance until emulation. And by then, I was pretty disappointed.

I have Chuck Norris: Superkicks, it's a pretty sweet game, though it's kind of hard. I never could beat it, but one time I read through the instruction manual and got fairly decent at it, managed to get through the first handfuls of fights.
The basic premise of the game is that every time you get through a fight, you earn a new move. Then you have actually learn how to do it by reading the manual, and then use it to win the next fight.

I thought the TekWar game was kind of neat, it had a lot of cool ideas (like the subway hub, and NPCs, and stuff like that), but the crappy graphics and muddled design made it hard to enjoy. I don't know if I'd really call it a celebrity game though, since it's a TV-tie-in game and not a William Shatner game. He's only in it in some of the FMVs, to give you backstory.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 10:56 pm

I'm just old enough to have played Oregon Trail on an Apple ][ Who remembers the myraid of Sim games (SimTower, SimSafari, Streets of Sim City)?

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 12:34 pm

Northeastern292 wrote:
I'm just old enough to have played Oregon Trail on an Apple ][ Who remembers the myraid of Sim games (SimTower, SimSafari, Streets of Sim City)?

I loved Oregon Trail on the old Apple ][. I remember those Sim games quite a bit. I especially enjoyed SimTower :)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 11:03 am

I have Streets...did not like it at all. Only thing I got out of it was an updated version of Adobe Reader.

Those music stations were especially bad, ha ha.

It might have been cooler if I actually had SimCity 2000 (I think it was) so I could drive through my own cities...but as a standalone game, it didn't seem that cool.