Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Have you ever had a paranormal experiance?
Yes 58%  58%  [ 51 ]
No 42%  42%  [ 37 ]
Total votes : 88

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2012, 3:41 pm

NorwichAspie wrote:
I have seen the paranormal with my own eyes so i know that it is REAL!

My thoughts exactly, I've seen my share as well as heard my share, and then some. I think my closest encounters were: once I was at my cousin's house, he and I were in his kitchen and we were talking about the previous owner of the house who apparently killed somebody then apparently died in the house. So we were just standing there and then suddenly we hear this very deep (some would say demonic) breathing coming from the doorway. We were the only two there and neither of us was doing it. And both of us were nowhere near the doorway. At first I wasn't sure what exactly I was hearing so I asked him what it was, he replied by saying that was what he was talking about, with the killer that died. I could sense that it was actually looking at me, although we saw nothing but air. I'll never forget that day because that's when I started really studying the paranormal.
My second encounter was with a cloaked shadow. I was home from school, sick, and I had seen it walking around the house, it knocked over both my journals as well (it was completely impossible for them to simply fall the way they did because they were secure, so I knew exactly what did it).

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2012, 5:28 pm

I frequently see Shadow People. I used to think that maybe it was the onset of schizophrenia, but I still see them even after my doc upped the dosage on my antipsychotic. I've done some research on Shadow People and my favorite explanation is that they're time travelers. If that is true, then the park outside my house must be a hub for them.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2012, 6:50 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
I frequently see Shadow People. I used to think that maybe it was the onset of schizophrenia, but I still see them even after my doc upped the dosage on my antipsychotic. I've done some research on Shadow People and my favorite explanation is that they're time travelers. If that is true, then the park outside my house must be a hub for them.

I saw one once. And that was enough for me. I definitely would not want to see them on any sort of regular basis.

sohmasheep
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Sep 2012, 4:40 pm

I've seen shows of kids/youngsters with psychic/paranormal abilities and get mad after hearing them whine about wanting to have a "normal" life. Those lucky bastards won't know what they have until they lose it. If only people could exchange their gifts/talents. (Angry rant from a paranormal-obsessed aspie bored of her totally normal life)

Rudywalsh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2012, 5:03 pm

Does James Randi pay out if we can prove the existence of god? Two Billion Christians seem to believe he does. "He", it almost sounds like men made up the concept of god to control the masses.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 8:05 pm

Rudywalsh wrote:
Does James Randi pay out if we can prove the existence of god? Two Billion Christians seem to believe he does. "He", it almost sounds like men made up the concept of god to control the masses.

That's ok, some people think that Atheism is just an excuse so people don't have to feel subjugated by religion (even though Atheism is a religion all to itself by definition) and provides reasoning for anarchy.

Either way, the way I see it, is everyone has their beliefs, and the reasoning behind them means nothing to the masses as a whole, they can only mean something to the individual because everyone believes for a different reason. Although there are people in the world who are small minded and believe that there is only one absolution and it's always what they personally believe, whether from religion or not, no-one likes being wrong. And those same people will always demean others because they believe differently (I've been on the short end of that stick too) than them.

What James Randi wants, is for other people to basically waste their time presenting their proof, only for him to use physical science to say that it's all a lie because the spirit realm doesn't coincide with the way he understands reality. Science determines fact by analyzing evidence that exists in the physical realm that is tangable proof of the existence of what science is trying to prove as fact. But the spirit realm goes beyond the physical realm and it's limitations, and therefore can not be proven using any current scientific method because those methods are based on what we know as fact in the physical realm, not the spiritual, and those same facts in the physical do not apply in the spiritual.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 7:53 am

You had me then you lost me, no I got it, thank you.

Firstly I had weird dreams, then the goose friend down the park, then an accident. All with karmic explanations attached....

Animals have it easy?

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 8:33 am

I'll put yes for dreams that seem to predict the future but I also understand this could be incredible coincidences.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 5:06 pm

Dan_Undiagnosed wrote:
I'll put yes for dreams that seem to predict the future but I also understand this could be incredible coincidences.

Depends on how often, and how specific. They're rarely dramatic and more often take the shape of someone (celebrity or close friend) you haven't thought about in a long time, and then the next day you hear from (about) them.

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 7:13 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Dan_Undiagnosed wrote:

Depends on how often, and how specific. They're rarely dramatic and more often take the shape of someone (celebrity or close friend) you haven't thought about in a long time, and then the next day you hear from (about) them.

Oh no, mine are crazier than that! I wrote about some of them on a thread about spooky dreams. One I had was about me driving along on a highway at night surrounded by tropical palm trees and jungle. Then I noticed up ahead there were big white arrows on the road pointing back towards me as though I was on the wrong side of the road. Then another vehicle appeared coming towards me so we both hit the brakes and stopped short of hitting each other. When I woke up I didn't think much of it but then a day or two later I saw on the news that in American Samoa they switched from the American right hand side driving to the European/Australian/New Zealand left side driving.
Another one I had was really vivid about a storm hitting the small coastal city where my Dad lived (and where I had recently lived with him). Then a few months later a huge storm hit the city that killed a few people and washed a freight ship up on the local beach.
I have pretty specific ones like that. Don't know what to make of them :?

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 7:50 pm

many people have premonitory dreams, but never draw meaning till after the dream event occurs
its like being a seer
ahead of time
quite random?
sometimes[always?] specific lessons?? or tragic heartfelt tragedies???
beauty is in the eye of the beholder and universal spiritual messages picked up by more than one person....
the realisation of the premonition gift is like a gift or a curse
best not to go crazy

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 8:04 pm

Dan_Undiagnosed wrote:

Oh no, mine are crazier than that! I wrote about some of them on a thread about spooky dreams. One I had was about me driving along on a highway at night surrounded by tropical palm trees and jungle. Then I noticed up ahead there were big white arrows on the road pointing back towards me as though I was on the wrong side of the road. Then another vehicle appeared coming towards me so we both hit the brakes and stopped short of hitting each other. When I woke up I didn't think much of it but then a day or two later I saw on the news that in American Samoa they switched from the American right hand side driving to the European/Australian/New Zealand left side driving.
Another one I had was really vivid about a storm hitting the small coastal city where my Dad lived (and where I had recently lived with him). Then a few months later a huge storm hit the city that killed a few people and washed a freight ship up on the local beach.
I have pretty specific ones like that. Don't know what to make of them :?

Those are pretty specific. That would be quite unsettling for me.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 8:15 pm

I've had repeated dream locations, sometimes it maybe a year before I am at that place again... often the same message, or same dream, usually a few months later.... its as if the gift of growth that comes with experience's.....

is experienced in a dream, rather than real life.... but it takes real life before you appreciate the dreams warnings and meanings

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 9:04 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

I saw one once. And that was enough for me. I definitely would not want to see them on any sort of regular basis.

What did yours look like? Mine look kinda like the transparent figures that you see in the music video for "Fields of Gold" by Sting, though sometimes they look like fully-formed people. I see them for only a split second at a time, so it's not long enough to frighten me. It does cause me to jump out of surprise, particularly if I think I'm about to run into one. I must look strange to the people who can't see them, trying so hard to get out of the way of something that is invisible to them.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 11:56 pm

I've never had anything happen to me, but both my mom and brother have, back in the 70s. My brother's story is pretty freaky. I was in my bedroom and he comes in -- he's about 12 at the time -- to show me some device he built for measuring the launch height of model rockets. As he demostrates the piece -- of which I was only paying partial attention and would rather be reading my magazine -- he suddenly gasps and jumps. He yells "I just somebody! I saw a man! Standing right there!", pointing near the window in my room that was behind me at the time. He was able to describe in detail the man he saw -- in his 60s or older, bald, overalls, wire frame glasses. My mom claims the description was of the man who built and raised his kids in the house we were living in. My brother nor I had ever seen this man so he couldn't have just made him up. There would have been no reason to. All I know is that he was in sheer shock at the time, and still thinks of the experience as if it happened yesterday.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 6:29 am

Nope. I always find logical explanations to everything that happened. If I hear or see something weird I'd go investigate /explore until I find out why. As far as I remember I've always been pretty brave, fascinated with odd things instead of running away.

I'm pretty good at cold reading though. :) Used to do some fortune telling as a hobby, everyone said I was very accurate. I think I really enjoyed playing with people's reactions, when I tell them they ought to marry people at least 10 years older, or become a mistress. :D Making accurate predictions are easy really, like most other skills I have learned, it just takes practice and confidence. I really don't consider predictions or having "6th sense" is anything paranormal. It's a skill.

Last edited by y-pod on 23 Sep 2012, 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.