Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

weeks
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Dec 2006, 7:58 am

why do people say i have a normal child and yours in not normal.
i see kids that are just bad and parnets say my child is normal.
when you have a child like my son that could name his abc and 123 and colors by the
age of 1 then its not the "normal" but he has trouble reading .
but he loves seince and math .
but is getting better at it

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2006, 10:21 am

I also hate the word, normal. It's a wayof saying that the child who has issues, is abnormal. Nobody wants to be seen as abnormal.

Aspie94
Raven
Raven

07 Dec 2006, 10:25 am

Normal is very boring :lol:

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2006, 11:27 am

expanding on aspie94's point, "Normal is boring", I don't hear the word, "normal" to mean better. It just means "run of the mill", "mediocre".
"I'm glad all of my kids are run of the mill, what's it like to have extraordinary kids?" :lol:

aspiesmom1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2006, 1:49 pm

I always wonder what "normal" is. I have four kids, and I don't think of any of them as normal - but then again I don't think of any of them as abnormal either.

It's a poor concept to apply to the human condition. To body temperature, ok. But to one's overall existence? No.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2006, 2:40 pm

Hmm... I wonder what that would make me... even my body temperature is not normal...

clare
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Dec 2006, 10:37 am

I hate the word normal too. I think there's no such thing as 'normal' anyway, at least not in people. Everyone is different so there can't be a such thing as 'normal' and 'not normal'.

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 5:34 pm

Well word's like these are used in the wrong way really love to see a normal kid & who came up with a normal kid list? Does that kid then become not normal when there's more of another type i'e anything that people don't understand is labelled as not normal or a disorder?

" Like take our Nt comrades if there was more of us would there then be the disorder - there world is fuelled by lies - deception - so on there fuel a circle there had enough of it yet there can't admit its a problem so is been Nt also a disorder as its fuelled by a circle of day to day life - work - so on yet there don't like it done to them but there do it to others..."

As many famous people in the past have been deemed nuts – weird – insane – probably a disorder, yet there where right famous now and respected. Just the way people put thing’s that there don’t understand or different…

"And no wise cracks about the spelling used in the wrong way i agree" :p spell checker that corrects miss used word's would be nice...

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 8:26 pm

Normal is a vector at right angles to the surface of a plane.

greyhelium
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 8:54 pm

unfortunately that implies that there is a stereotypical 'normal' ofr billions of people who are all exactly on that line which is BS. its a circle, autistic people are simply on the edges of the circle, there is no normal.

MomofTom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 9:45 pm

I treat normal as the new "n-word". 8)

aspiesmom1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Dec 2006, 10:49 am

Namiko wrote:
Hmm... I wonder what that would make me... even my body temperature is not normal...

Neither is mine - after drinking turpentine when I was 4 much of my metabolism is off - I'd get icy cold running around at recess and had a little window fan in my room in the winter. 98.6 is the beginning of a fever for me - but try and tell a school nurse that! 40 years later things still aren't "normal" LOL. Whatever a medication has for side effects I'll get the opposite. Normal is as normal does.