Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2012, 3:44 pm

I've never had clonazepam. I've had some diazepam recently because my anxiety has been especially bad and it is awesome - I feel normal for the first time in I don't know how long. It's great :) Sadly about to take the last pill of my prescription; lets hope the doctor will give me some more when I see him ^^

gretchyn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Sep 2012, 4:51 pm

If that's true, how do you get your doctor to prescribe it for you? :lol: J/K...sort of. I'm taking lamictal, Abilify, and Wellbutrin for Bi-Polar, and if anything, the Aspie traits are worse. :(

FireMinstrel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 1:19 am

Quote:
For me happiness would be a 12 pack of cold Red Bull.

I prefer both. Klonopin calms me down, but the Red Bull keeps me concentrating, and I find it to be extremely tasty to boot! :D

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 3:18 am

It increases GABA.

People with ASDs are deficient in GABA.

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 3:29 am

invisiblesilent wrote:
I've never had clonazepam. I've had some diazepam recently because my anxiety has been especially bad and it is awesome - I feel normal for the first time in I don't know how long. It's great :) Sadly about to take the last pill of my prescription; lets hope the doctor will give me some more when I see him ^^

I felt the dame about diazepam. Unfortunately my doctor won't prescribe it any more. I've been on lamotrogine, amisulpride and promethezine (currently only amisulpride and on daily dispense because of my recent overdoses), but nothing has been as good as the diazepam. My psychiatrist says that diazepam works on the same part of the brain as wine ... so maybe I should break my teetotalism and start drinking...

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 3:38 am

Dillogic wrote:
It increases GABA.

People with ASDs are deficient in GABA.

My experience is that every autistic person differs in the brainchemistry and that it is hard to tell wich ones are high in the brain and wich ones are low, even if you know the disorder.
Espessially because many have also comorbidities.

To make an example:
I totally freak out when you give me antipsychotics who lowers dopamine, but a friend of mine, who is also autistic experiences positive effects on the same medications.