Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

jman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2006, 10:35 am

http://www.pheroline.com/index.php?refid=10027

Can you really put pheromones in a bottle or is this is ripoff?

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2006, 11:03 am

Quote:
Some men are just born more attractive than others. It's a scientific fact, and it's called pheromones-air bound hormones produced naturally by their bodies that cause women to find them attractive without consciously realizing why.

Don't you just LOVE(sarc) ads like this? I have been attracted to some women(even ones I didn't think were really all that pretty) by a STILL PHOTO! Frankly, I'm more of a believer in the 1.628 ratio principle. It makes more sense.

Some tests found women didn't like the "pheremones", and some companies used PIG pheremones! Like THAT would work!

I TOYED with the idea of trying it, but I doubt it would work. After all, WOMEN can make an opinion on a photo ALSO, right?

Steve

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Dec 2006, 11:05 am

I'm face blind, but are you sure that's not Alex?

Also, do you really want more eye contact?

If it was true, everybody would know by now. There are guys out there slipping stuff into our drinks (even 7up! in a can!) - this pherome thingy would be everywhere if it worked.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2006, 11:17 am

It works with animals so in theory it should work for people but I have a feeling there is a lot more than pheromones at work in people. I think at fifty dollars a bottle it works on making them lots of money though

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

07 Dec 2006, 11:27 am

Several years ago I bought such a product. Though I never really tested it. Oh
what sold me on trying it was I saw a TV program how this scientist had skin extract in a flask. When he left it out of the frig he noted his lab mates were happy/playing. So he is the one who discoveried the human phermones(i think).

krex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2006, 11:38 am

I have read of studies that "prove" that people with certain genetics can smell individuals who have a genetic structure which would produce the healthiest offspring.I dont know if this is Pheromones or not .In a culture that spends so much energy covering up their natural body smell with hygiene and artifical scents,I am not be surprised that the divorce rate is so high.We are picking the wrong mates for the wrong reasons.I dont believe that there is a "one size fits all"pheromone.I have wondered if aspies "put off" a pheromone that repels NT's?That maybe countered by other characteristics,(like our kindness,intellegence,creative bent),but makes it statistically more difficult to attract the opposite sex?

Women spends billions every year on useless products to try and attract a mate..this doesnt appear any less likely to work but it is based on reinforcing the individuals self confidence and that is attractive to both genders.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2006, 12:44 pm

Pheromones are important in the reproductive interactions of individuals of many species. I see no reason to rule out the possibility that smell is involved with humans.

But a lot of movie stars and rock stars and the like are considered attractive by people who have never smelled them.

I've also noticed that I get the same negative response from people when I talk to them on the phone as I do when I talk to them in person.

I'm just wondering if there's a mechanism where evolution could select for anything except the most effective pheromones. Some counterbalancing influence, maybe.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

aspiesmom1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2006, 1:47 pm

CanyonWind wrote:
But a lot of movie stars and rock stars and the like are considered attractive by people who have never smelled them.

There's a big difference between finding someone attractive and being attracted to them. I think Tom Cruise is a reasonably attractive man; however I also think he's a total idiot. (And that wouldn't change even if he smelled like chocolate!)

Men are more likely to act on simple physical attraction than women are, so in all likelihood pheromones would work better to attract a women to a man.

As for the AS/NT thing, I'm NT, but I knew the day I met my husband (who has AS) that he was a keeper. Here we are, 13 years later....

MercuryAvatar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Dec 2006, 5:48 pm

http://www.pheroline.com/index.php? works just fine for this.
Why do you have "refid=10027" on the link? It seems to me someone is advertising for personal gain, whether intentionally (adding the extension with knowledge), or not (receiving the link as is without understanding the implication.)

I suggest removing the link past the question mark, unless this forum allows referral advertisement spam.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2006, 7:50 am

MercuryAvatar wrote:
http://www.pheroline.com/index.php? works just fine for this.
Why do you have "refid=10027" on the link? It seems to me someone is advertising for personal gain, whether intentionally (adding the extension with knowledge), or not (receiving the link as is without understanding the implication.)

I suggest removing the link past the question mark, unless this forum allows referral advertisement spam.

I copied the link from the original ad, I posted the link because I am considering buying the product, but I am not too certain about it.

cheesecheese
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Dec 2006, 10:51 am

Using a bottled 'pheremone' to attract people is an interesting thing.
Firstly, you really don't know whats in the bottle when you receive it. There have been so many reports of dodgy chemicals used in colognes/perfumes over the years - some causing skin reactions, illness and allergy, some with heavy metals.
Secondly, false attraction is a worrying thing. Say you tried it out and wore the stuff in public. You received attention from more people than usual. If it does indeed work, the scent will not discriminate in who it attracts - you may find yourself receiving very unwanted attention from people you find unattractive. If the stuff works as it says it does, you could find yourself in a spot of bother very quickly.
Third point, say you do receive attention from someone you find attractive when you wore the 'pheremone'. This could be for two reasons: 1. it doesn't actually work, but in wearing it you EXPECT it to work and appear more confident, thus attracting people with the confidence and expectation. Traditional placebo effect. 2. the stuff works, and you have tricked the other person into paying you attention. You personally have no reason to receive their attention other than the bottled liquid. This can be useful in that they might not even look at you without it, and this will give you an opportunity to find out if you really do like each other. It only creates opportunity, it does not build 'instant rapport' or the basis for genuine attraction.

It costs $49.99. I would say it is a better investment to get a neat haircut, a razor for a clean shaven face and a nice REAL cologne. Present yourself with dignity and confidence. That will open as many doors as the trick spray might and won't ever run out.

RachelLugiagirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Dec 2006, 11:11 am

I recently started to like Tom Cruise as he appeared in War of the worlds but he's married. Pheromones work in Torch wood and i think that is based on True science. I like John Barrowman Captain Jack in there. He's gay but the character's bi. Maybe i should not say this to all his gfans.