Yes, by someone who didn't know I had aspergers/was autistic 41%  41%  [ 172 ]
No 5%  5%  [ 22 ]
No 6%  6%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 416

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 7:39 am

I was subjected to teasing at prep school (8-13). I was once told by a group of boys I was the 'Missing link'.
At public school (13-18) I was subjected to a lot of verbal bullying.

numberforsupport
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Aug 2020, 2:11 pm

namaste wrote:
Bullied in every way by parents, siblings and relatives
and peers couldnt be left far behind so they joined in too.....

Get verified contact details of any business at NumberForSupport within a snap. We provide the user with multiple listings to choose from, whether you are searching for educational institutions, restaurants, airlines, plumbers, or any other business.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2020, 2:28 pm

Bullied is a. Serious understatement for my ongoing experiences ...... could write a book on the issue . :(

where ever you go ,there you are

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 12:54 am

I was bullied some in elementary school and junior high.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 11:57 pm

Surprisingly, I was never targeted by bullies. I think it's mainly because people respect or fear me, maybe even both.

ArtsyFarsty
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jul 2021, 2:07 pm

Other than maybe some expected teasing, no. I was quiet and invisible enough to fly under people's radar.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 10:57 pm

Yes, but it tended to be very subtle.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

_cora_
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Nov 2021, 9:16 am

I guess I was never bullied. People just don't do that at my school.
I could've even been considered the bully, because if anyone said anything the least bit rude or if I didn't like someone, I cried and told the teacher or my parents. I was called a crybaby a lot, though.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 1:19 pm

in the days before Autism was understood or hardly known of. The incidences of being bullied by siblings and supported by parents whom did not know of autism . Was horrendous , Parents just wanted to toughen me up for the real world but the degree of these incidences . Were just too severe . Causing serious depression for most of my future life . Even self destructive tendencies.
Much crying and being isolated in a closet .But , i did get the concepts from them of Xmas and Thanksgiving.but they did keep those traditions,that gave me what little sense of normality , i had in this world . Which did not serve me at all in my older years
It was possibly worse than having no family at all .
When i became a penpal with a neice ,
Whom i tried to explain , what was my normal life . i found that my mother started intercepting my mail that was delivered to our :roll: home :roll: . SO soon after , it seemed to me that i had
quit getting return letters from her . During my first interaction with her in person at 5 yrs old
or earlier possibly . We had some indepth conversations for persons our age . Where i described what was happening in my family with me. And she said this did not happen to her in her home.
It was then , i started to realise there were differences .But i still had no idea that i had autism .
Eventually at 16 in order to move on , i had to mentally try to forgive them . In order to move on .
( with the help of a book "The Power of Positive Thinking")
With my life .But the vivid details of these things never completely left me. But i did move on .
And had some successful ventures in my life . And the help of a non participating but loving sometimes atagonistic , as a role model ,Father. At least i was fed regularily . And absolute minimal medical care .So given the drawbacks , i still think autists may have a advantage mentally . That may very well be unrecognized . Given just the right circumstances . (Most of my contemporaries could not balance a checkbook at thirteen ).

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 1:54 pm

Yes, consistently through k-12.

I've faced bullying from both NT and ND students, I'm pretty certain I've also participated in bullying although I didn't always understand that's what I was doing at the time. I also experienced harassment and bullying from faculty and teachers.

I had one year in high school where I had a vice-principal who actually gave a s**t about my well-being, because she was the mother of a classmate from elementary school. She was replaced by a VP who preferred to enable some of the bullies (not so much the bullies who were also outcasts but when it came from more popular cliques). She stopped harassing me after I finally told her I wasn't going to tolerate being harassed by her or other students over how I dressed; that if she insisted on contributing to the problem I'd deal with her just like any other bully and that she didn't want to ever see me in her office again because this was the last time I was going to speak about the matter and walked out.

It's actually one of the moments that really taught me about how power dynamics work because the situation started off with me assuming she was following up on Ms. Penegal's work the previous year so I went along like it would friendly, when I realized what was going I became livid enough that submitting wasn't an option, but between the quick, single syllable raising of my voice, the quiet lean-in and matter-of-fact tone and the demonstration of control over how the interaction ended (I had the final word and left immediately without allowing an opportunity to respond) it immediately and permanently changed how those interactions went.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 2:01 pm

Three cheers for You .....! Yaay.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 10:51 am

Yes I have, for four years during elementary school plus some periods of time on and off since then up until high school. None of them knew I was autistic, but some of them sure did utilize autistic traits as ammunition for their bullying.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 9:04 pm

Yes.

For about ten years, on and off. Various different bullies. Sometimes physical, other times more psychological.

Anomaly_76
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Apr 2022, 5:23 pm

Constantly, throughout my childhood / adolescence and even as an adult. I'm stuck in a community of rednecks that single out anyone who is different. BTW, is OP aware that their poll results are being diluted by having two of each option?

Just how the hell am I supposed to know WHICH age to act, anyway? :lol:

yurguardianangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2023, 9:56 am

I been severelly bullied all through my life.
I went to several schools as a kid because of severe bullying which has caused me some of my C-PTSD and PTSD.
Physical,sexual,and verbal I had.

Online I still get severely bullied. So I don't do social media anymore except YouTube.
And I will either disable comments or approve comments moderation first on my videos.

Online I've had mostly personal insults,death threats,blackmail,false rumours,stalking against me.

Trolls I straight away ignore and block.
However it's people who I thought I could trust as 'friends' who manipulate(use) me if the kind of bullying I get against me online mostly. Who end up personally insulting me,then it's false rumours and black mail spread about me,sometimes goes into stalking and death threats towards me too.

I don't get bullied much in real life anymore.

However I don't report death threats to the police unless my life feels in danger. Like if they knew personal details like my home address.

I have a massive trust issue with people online as a result.As it's happened to me 100's of times after getting to know someone. And they betray my trust,use me etc.

Hokulea
Raven
Raven

03 Feb 2024, 5:43 pm

I was bullied (verbally and physically) throughout my school years. I wasn't diagnosed until recently. In hindsight having autism might have been why I would/could have been perceived as different.