Yes, by someone who didn't know I had aspergers/was autistic 42%  42%  [ 146 ]
No 5%  5%  [ 18 ]
No 6%  6%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 346

domineekee
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 5:52 pm

Yes, but eventually I flipped out and cleared myself a little more floorspace. :twisted:

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2018, 6:43 pm

Yup, numerous times, and I stood up for myself. There have been times, looking back, in which I've been picked on but didn't notice that they were trying to bully me (light bullying, as opposed to ones that got physical with me). Learned to stand up for myself when it got serious (one instance was so bad that I can't even talk about it), and learned to ignore others and not give them satisfaction. It's hard to do the latter, but it's possible and rewarding.

One time I stood up and got beat by the bully, required several bystanders to come in and hold him back. Still no regrets standing up, with the aftermath enshrined in a portrait of me since Picture Day was the following day.

For most of the times I was bullied, they (nor I) knew about ASD, let alone know that I had it. One of those times (the worst incident), they knew (and I knew of course). :(

"It’s not until they tell you you’re going to die soon that you realize how short life is. Time is the most valuable thing in life because it never comes back. And whether you spend it in the arms of a loved one or alone in a prison-cell, life is what you make of it. Dream big."
-Stefán Karl Stefánsson
10 July, 1975 - 21 August, 2018.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 1:10 am

I'm not really sure, but I don't think so.

I had behavioral issues (still do, sort of but more with my mouth). I was very active and loud. I think maybe that had something to do with not being bullied. I really don't engage my surroundings that much, so maybe I could have been at some point and just never took it in.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 7:39 am

I was subjected to teasing at prep school (8-13). I was once told by a group of boys I was the 'Missing link'.
At public school (13-18) I was subjected to a lot of verbal bullying.

http://mcpin.org/
https://www.mqmentalhealth.org/

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 133 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)