Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Taverson
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2012, 1:03 pm

Larsen80 wrote:
Taverson wrote:
Larsen80 wrote:
So, being dark-skinned is more natural, genuine, is that it? How can it be appropriate to talk about affection and hate for certain races so outspokenly? Because smearing white people isn't really racism, right...

Jumping to conclusions without a parachute is a bad idea.

He said nothing about hate. :lol:

Picture a reversed-colour example: would that play well, yes or no?

So he thinks white, curvaceous women are more attractive than dark-skinned anorexic looking women?

Because that's your ''reversed-colour example'' there.

He finds a group of women more attractive than another group of women. Quite normal.

I don't view obese women as attractive. I'm hateful aren't I?

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 2:27 pm

Taverson wrote:
Larsen80 wrote:
Taverson wrote:
Larsen80 wrote:
So, being dark-skinned is more natural, genuine, is that it? How can it be appropriate to talk about affection and hate for certain races so outspokenly? Because smearing white people isn't really racism, right...

Jumping to conclusions without a parachute is a bad idea.

He said nothing about hate. :lol:

Picture a reversed-colour example: would that play well, yes or no?

So he thinks white, curvaceous women are more attractive than dark-skinned anorexic looking women?

Because that's your ''reversed-colour example'' there.

He finds a group of women more attractive than another group of women. Quite normal.

According to many members on here, yes.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 3:15 pm

BroodQueen wrote:
wow People are super racist here huh? whats wrong with not being interested in blonde bimbos? and how does that make one racist?

Personaly If I were into girls she would have to be tall curvy and dark haired. lol Its a good thing we dont have scifi style cloning cause I Would just date myself ~_~.

Just so you know, this forum is so far to the radical political left that Che Guevara, Fidel Castro and The Emperor from Star Wars are about 1500 parsecs to the right of the political stance of the average forum member.

So, this means that anything can that be interpreted as some form of "ism" generally is.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 3:28 pm

1000Knives wrote:
Taverson wrote:

There's an actual syndrome of that... I have to find out the medical term for it but I've heard it around the office described as "fat b$%^@ syndrome"... Someone so insecure in themselves that they go on a tyrannical rampage if anyone even comes close to making them feel uncomfortable. Some guy saying he put on 5lbs and is looking a little chunky will be attacked savagely for not thinking fat is beautiful! She'll bully others into making them her friends (otherwise she'll make their lives hell.)

There's a few people doing that in my office... but it seems to be a very successful methodology! I've seen it work elsewhere too...

It's a constant negative effort - but they seem to get ahead in life with it. Not happier, but ahead.

TM wrote:
The Emperor from Star Wars are about 1500 parsecs to the right of the political stance of the average forum member.

It just occurred to me that if Han Solo was referring to his Kessel run in 12 parsecs truly was referring to distance rather than time... if it's a folding-space scenario reducing distance rather than time... even though he was talking about speed at the time. [shrug] I feel delightfully nerdy. :P

TM
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 3:45 pm

BlueMax wrote:
1000Knives wrote:
Taverson wrote:

There's an actual syndrome of that... I have to find out the medical term for it but I've heard it around the office described as "fat b$%^@ syndrome"... Someone so insecure in themselves that they go on a tyrannical rampage if anyone even comes close to making them feel uncomfortable. Some guy saying he put on 5lbs and is looking a little chunky will be attacked savagely for not thinking fat is beautiful! She'll bully others into making them her friends (otherwise she'll make their lives hell.)

There's a few people doing that in my office... but it seems to be a very successful methodology! I've seen it work elsewhere too...

It's a constant negative effort - but they seem to get ahead in life with it. Not happier, but ahead.

I like the term "fatphobic" most of all, since phobia is Greek for "fear", because it's not like people are afraid of fat, it's more like disgusted so wouldn't a correct term be "fatmisia"?

Taverson
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2012, 3:58 pm

I find it hilarious that I am obligated to view all types of women attractive to avoid being called racist or hateful.

Get a grip people.

It's almost like ''You have no taste in music if you don't like Kentucky bluegrass!''

We all have our preferences. :)

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 4:01 pm

Obesity or accumulated fat is the main cause of ill health. Period.

Sticking up for fat people is all well and good and nice.... except you are probably giving permission for them to continue with unhealthy habits

Freaken westerners are self driven crazy misguided fools!

This last couple of weeks I've been around bus loads of Chinese tourists, average age 40yrs old, down at the duck pond.....

95% of these people are the correct weight. Many/most of them are solid builds.... not slim builds[a lot of northern Chinese], yet these barrel chested moderate to heavily muscled body types are a good weight for their larger than normal frame....

I find myself preferring these solid women.... often very jovial and good humoured......

No wonder they dont want to *assimilate* when they come to the west..........[they would become chubby!! !]

Out of all the issues facing the west today
Changing the prevalence of obesity would be a first priority in my reckoning
Amen

PS eat like a asian

Last edited by Surfman on 18 Sep 2012, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 4:13 pm

TM wrote:
Solvejg wrote:
JML101582 wrote:
Give me an exotic, dark haired, curvy woman anyday! You can have your anerexic blonde Barbies, I don't want them!

woo lets degrade one type of female figure. go anti-feminism. all human bodies are attractive and just because you like one type, it doesn't mean other ones are not. They are just not to your taste.

He was merely pointing out that to him "anerexic blonde Barbies" are not attractive. He didn't say that they were not attractive period. He did so in a fairly insulting manner, but then again they are just words so why care?

Because I am a tall skinny blonde with D cup breasts. Calling people like me "anorexic blonde barbies" and "blonde bimbo" which has been thrown about in this thread is just as bad as saying that you wouldn't date troll women or hobbits. Yes I also suffer from anorexia and bulimia on and off but that has nothing to do with my hair colour. I am going to back off now because of societies veiws it is ok to degrade and insult people with certain physical charactoristics and assume their unintelligence (bimbo). Now I am off to go to university and study for my Paleontology degree with a minor in mathematics and leave this thread alone.

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 4:14 pm

TM wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
1000Knives wrote:
Taverson wrote:

I like the term "fatphobic" most of all, since phobia is Greek for "fear", because it's not like people are afraid of fat, it's more like disgusted so wouldn't a correct term be "fatmisia"?

Nah, I think "phobic" is a good term to define it. "Phobia" can mean "prejudices" too. For example homophobics are not affraid of homosexuals, they have prejudices against them.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 5:14 pm

BanjoGirl wrote:
TM wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
1000Knives wrote:
Taverson wrote:

Nah, I think "phobic" is a good term to define it. "Phobia" can mean "prejudices" too. For example homophobics are not affraid of homosexuals, they have prejudices against them.

Using it for homophobic is stupid as well, "phobia" literally means "fear" or "morbid fear". homomisia is more accurate since it means "disgust or hatered towards". It's kind of a word stupid f****** people have started adding as a suffix without knowing what it really means. It's a bit like "This program was pre-recorded" Yes, when the f**k else are you going to record it, afterwards?". (Stolen from George Carlin).

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 5:26 pm

TM wrote:
BanjoGirl wrote:
TM wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
1000Knives wrote:
Taverson wrote:

Using it for homophobic is stupid as well, "phobia" literally means "fear" or "morbid fear". homomisia is more accurate since it means "disgust or hatered towards". It's kind of a word stupid f****** people have started adding as a suffix without knowing what it really means. It's a bit like "This program was pre-recorded" Yes, when the f**k else are you going to record it, afterwards?". (Stolen from George Carlin).

Phobia is "fear" but the "prejudices" of people derive from fear too, fear to differences!

A gay is, for a homophobic, a menace. Homophobic fears a gay can disrupt the heterosexual society. Same with the foreigners. Xenophobics fear foreigners can destroy the cultural identity of their countries.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 5:31 pm

BanjoGirl wrote:
TM wrote:
BanjoGirl wrote:
TM wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
1000Knives wrote:
Taverson wrote:

Phobia is "fear" but the "prejudices" of people derive from fear too, fear to differences!

A gay is, for a homophobic, a menace. Homophobic fears a gay can disrupt the heterosexual society. Same with the foreigners. Xenophobics fear foreigners can destroy the cultural identity of their countries.

So I suppose the phobia is the source and the misia is the result. However, as a descriptive term, I still think "hatred" or "disgust" is better in terms of the manifestation of such fear, rather than labeling it by the source. After all, we describe most emotions in terms of their result/physiological/psychological state, not by their cause. The only place I'm aware of such a discription is the German word "Schadenfreude"

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 5:47 pm

TM wrote:
BanjoGirl wrote:
TM wrote:
BanjoGirl wrote:
TM wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
1000Knives wrote:
Taverson wrote:

So I suppose the phobia is the source and the misia is the result. However, as a descriptive term, I still think "hatred" or "disgust" is better in terms of the manifestation of such fear, rather than labeling it by the source. After all, we describe most emotions in terms of their result/physiological/psychological state, not by their cause. The only place I'm aware of such a discription is the German word "Schadenfreude"

Yes. Well this is what happens when the human viscerality confronts the "learned words".

I would develop it better in my native language, but sure you understood. I don't want to make a big off-topic either :lol:

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 6:12 pm

JML101582 wrote:
If I could have any woman I want,

...I would have the only woman I want.

Yes, I am very single-minded.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

singularity
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2012, 6:30 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:
JML101582 wrote:
If I could have any woman I want,

...I would have the only woman I want.

Yes, I am very single-minded.

Me like! :D