getting up early

having to complete an overwhelming amount of tasks in a short period of time

what are yours?

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 5:08 pm

Having someone tell me to do something I'm about to do anyway.
People who leave their indicators on mile after mile and never turn.
And a real "pet" peeve--cats who don't know whether they want to be in or out!

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

18 Sep 2012, 5:20 pm

Spelling and grammar errors. :lol:

Its liek sum peeple porpoisely type liek dis too tick other peeple of.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 7:05 pm

Fallacious assumptions

Taking things out of context

Hypocrisy

People who cut off a thought process halfway rather than following it to conclusion (which usually results in one of the above)

Lack of critical thinking skills

Those who can't grasp abstract ideas and refuse to admit it - instead they end up applying to themselves and getting offended for absolutely no reason when we were simply discussing an idea or principle

And animals who can't decide what the heck they want before they come and ask me for it! :lol:

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 7:52 pm

Hypocrisy
Those who claim to be more superior than God
Being woken up for no good reason
False accusations
Saying something nice in front of me and in reality, they say something else, I would prefer someone to be straightforward about it.

Thankfully, I've grown so much in patience for me to be easily angered.
I could list more, but those are the ones that seems to stand out more for me (at the moment).

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 8:02 pm

For some stupid reason, this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8[/youtube]

I like this song, but it reminds me of how the powerful love to screw over their subordinates. There must be a way to change the way the world works.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 8:15 pm

I would call something like hypocrisy more in the ballpark of righteous indignation and not a mere pet peeve.

some of my pet peeves:

Ancient alien crackpot theories

Using some sort of mythical creature in a story but altering it so it conflicts with the source material... ESPECIALLY if your wrong version becomes accepted by the general public as the status quo.

People who smoke right outside the door. If anything you're forcing more people to inhale your fumes.

The speeches people who want to legalize cannabis give... they're always really annoying and rub me the wrong way.

Everyone pretending Samurai/katanas were the greatest swordsmen/swords ever. You do not develop the greatest sword techniques/sword by having all major invasion attempts dealt with in naval battles or typhoons and never having to fight a foreign style.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 12:18 am

I have way too many of them. Here they are:

People who complain about stuff and don't even do a thing to fix it. I also can't stand it when they keep on doing something and then moan about the treatment they get for it. That is just like going on the bumper boats and then complaining about people bumping into you and getting you wet. Yeah that annoys me.

Places that close early and don't follow their opening hours.

People who don't bother to read a whole post and only focus on what they want to hear and respond to that ignoring the rest.

Tailgaters

Drama Queens

People who can't take a joke

People who get offended over a question and say the person is being judgmental when all they did was asked a simple question so they act like jerks about it

Anti spanking nazis.

People who think parents taking away privileges is child abuse

People who use their disabilities as an excuse and people who use theirs as an excuse for them

Snoring

Ignorant people

Narrow minded people

People who ask a question and then get upset with the answer they didn't like so they accuse you of being mean or rude

Mind games

People expecting me to be a mind reader

People on Experience Project thinking just because you have an experience they don't like, it means you will talk them into it or talk to them about it. Really, people may just be adding you or fanning you just because they enjoy what you write. I just bookmark profiles when I enjoy what someone writes. Problem solved, now they won't know about it. I still don't know how to fan people.

People being brick walls.

Pregnant smokers

People who judge people over petty things

Inconsiderate smokers

People texting

Mom telling me how to live my life

People who argue with me and not respect my opinion until I change it to theirs

People who make a fuss over a few typos or one

Being mislead

People who try and shove sex in my face and won't take the fact I am a gray a and a prude

Immature prudes

Creepy men and pushy men

Superior complex

Inferior complex

Arrogance

Mom thinking my diaper fetish is some phase or some sort of interest as if it's something I can just get rid of and never do again and her trying to get me to quit. (actually she has been quiet about it this year and hasn't said a word about it since last November)

Minors on Experience Project who lie about their age just so they can see adult groups and content and minors who talk to adults and lie about their age

Being given the run around

Sales people

Loud bass

"Washington state" Just say Washington and if people mean Washington DC, they would say it or say District of Columbia. I also can't stand it when people say Washington and they mean Washington DC.

Poor spelling and grammar and lack of punctuation, makes it so hard to read I refuse to read it.(Sorry people who genuinely have a learning disability, I still don't read it because I don't have the patience)

Hypocrisy

Peolpe not giving me a straight answer

When my computer acts up and crashes

Blue tooths

Dirty homes, I find it disgusting I will not stay the night there and boy clean the bathroom.

Parents who leave their used baby's diapers out and don't throw them away

Strangers talking to me about their problems

People that curse like a sailor

Sore losers and poor sportsmanship

People who use words wrong, couple means two, not more than that.

People misusing the words troll and bully

Fat people suing airlines and refusing to buy an extra seat so they sue for it when forced, maybe the airlines should offer it for free so it won't be a problem anymore for other folks who fly and have to sit next to them and there be no more lawsuits

Work places refusing to separate your personal life and worklife (hey what I do at home when I am not at work rather it's online or not is my business and I will never tell you my user names for online or even add you to my facebook and make my wall public or even use the same email address anymore I use online)

People who think someone is pretending to be a man or woman just because they have that picture as their avatar. Does anyon actually think I am pretending to be Kate Winslet in the photo and that my husband is Leonardo Dicaprio and we are portraying Jack and Rose from the movie? I hope not because that is how stupid I see it to assume someone is pretending to be a man or woman just because they have it as their avatar so how is that any different than having a movie character or a cartoon character or a celebrity or an animal as your avatar?

People who let their emotions get in the way and can't think about it rationally or even be rational about it and they never listen to you when you explain something to them because they let their emotions get in the way so they ignore the text and the context due to emotional thinking.

False accusations

People who tell me things I already know acting like I didn't even know about it

Holier than thou folks

People who find contradictions in things that aren't even there due to their stupidity or dumb standards they have

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

BlackDwarf
Toucan
Toucan

19 Sep 2012, 7:03 pm

Moths....

And some other stuff but mainly moths.

Future_Perfect
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Sep 2012, 7:07 pm

Stickers. They can be loose or on something, they just irk me. Laptop stickers are a particular pain, since they are difficult to remove and sometimes leave marks.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 9:02 pm

My peeves are mostly linguistic.

How folks talk.

Saying "I could care less!" when they mean "I couldNT care less".

Brits and New Yorkers who dont seem to know the reason why words that contain the letter "r" contain the letter "r".

The reason is: that you are supposed to PRONOUNCE the "r".

I hate having to figure out whether a person is telling me that they are going to "a party",or going to "a potty".

In the case of New Yorkers- they not only fail see an r that is there. They also hallucinate R's where they dont exist.

They think that there is a country called "Chiner" ( its in the far east, and its also a synonym for porcelin flatware).

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 9:15 pm

Road Rage, which is why I don't drive or have a driver's licence.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 10:17 pm

League_Girl wrote:
People who make a fuss over a few typos or one

Poor spelling and grammar and lack of punctuation, makes it so hard to read I refuse to read it.(Sorry people who genuinely have a learning disability, I still don't read it because I don't have the patience)

Hypocrisy

:?:

charlulz
Raven
Raven

19 Sep 2012, 10:32 pm

People not listening to me when I talk to them
not being able to understand if somebody is messing around with me or not
people who call others gay as an insult
racists
when certain people talk dumb about food ( I know this is a little dumb but hearing people saying canned tuna fish is the only type of edible tuna is the stupidest thing ever :lol: )
when people try to force religion onto me
seeing people throw away food
stickers
sounds of flies and mosquitoes
narrow minded people
racist or homophobic jokes
people who make fun of others with any sort of autism
sexism
snoring

Just to name a few :lol:

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 12:36 am

Here are some of mine.

People who smoke in bus shelters so you end up getting up and standing further away from them:
Religious nutters who come to your door even when they've been told off by the body corporate lady that its private property:
People who put chewing gum on the stop button on the bus:
People who spit on the ground yuk disgusting habit:

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 2:22 am

People who throw snowballs against our (fragile) front door and shout names (suppositily at us too) in the middle of the night during winter season for who knows what reason, makes me think one of us might have done something really devastating to them that ruined their lives so much that they end up treating us like this.