Page 4 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 6:08 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:
A better idea for second hand fur would be to take them to wildlife shelters and pet shelters they could turn them into bedding for sick and injured animals.

baby mink in wildlife shelter on 2nd hand fur

*sniff sniff*

"mummy?"

Here in australia they can make them into pouches for orphaned joeys.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 6:11 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:
A better idea for second hand fur would be to take them to wildlife shelters and pet shelters they could turn them into bedding for sick and injured animals.

I don't thik so! I'm not taking my furs somewhere so dogs can sleep on them! I'll never get another one and I'm keeping the ones I have. If you find any affordable ones second hand and you feel like buying a fairly expensive rag for a dogs bed, feel free to do that, but I'm certainly not doing that. They are beautiful and I like to wear them.

maybe whoever inhereits them might get them made into animal bedding much more useful to keep an animal warm then a human.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 6:24 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:

I don't thik so! I'm not taking my furs somewhere so dogs can sleep on them! I'll never get another one and I'm keeping the ones I have. If you find any affordable ones second hand and you feel like buying a fairly expensive rag for a dogs bed, feel free to do that, but I'm certainly not doing that. They are beautiful and I like to wear them.

maybe whoever inhereits them might get them made into animal bedding much more useful to keep an animal warm then a human.

Because animals are more worthy of warmth, right?

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 6:29 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:

There are other ways for humans to keep warm then strutting around in someone elses skin.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 6:37 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:

There are other ways for humans to keep warm then strutting around in someone elses skin.

That wasn't what you said. You said that animals deserved the warmth of someone else's skin more than humans.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 6:45 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:

That wasn't what you said. You said that animals deserved the warmth of someone else's skin more than humans.

Oh I didn't mean it that way sorry.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 7:11 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I do not think any post with the response that you are going to kill someone is appropriate for any forum.It cool to not approve but I think you crossed a line there.The deer around here are over populated because silly humans killed off all the big predators,there are now cases of Chronic Wasting Disease,they catch it by feeding in crowed areas.To keep things balanced some have to be removed.It's cruel to let animals overpopulate to the point where they get sick.I'm not talking about trophy hunting,or the idiots that kill an animal and only take the hams and loins.And I kill no being.
My son hunts,are you saying you want to kill him??Again,your comment is uncalled for and threatening.Are there missing hunters in your area?

Acknowledged. I removed that comment. You have to understand that I see people as objects, and in the case of people who do evil things(including harming animals for their fur)I have no ethical or emotional reservations about treating them as commodities.

Are people who wear fur included in that group?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 7:15 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:

They will go to my older daughter. She likes fur too.

Why should my coats be taken away from me and given to animals? I paid for them, and I bought them used so my purchase didn't create a void that the store needed to fill with more.

Why do you want my coats, that I like to wear and I think are pretty, taken away from me? It won't bring those animals back to life. Is your motive for that to punish me for liking and wearing fur, so you want it taken from me and given to animals to prove a point? Putting it in a dog kennel proves nothing and achieves nothing. It's basically a punitive measure. Why do you desire this?

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 7:22 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:

Why should my coats be taken away from me and given to animals? I paid for them, and I bought them used so my purchase didn't create a void that the store needed to fill with more.

Why do you want my coats, that I like to wear and I think are pretty, taken away from me? It won't bring those animals back to life. Is your motive for that to punish me for liking and wearing fur, so you want it taken from me and given to animals to prove a point? Putting it in a dog kennel proves nothing and achieves nothing. It's basically a punitive measure. Why do you desire this?

the fur ONLY looks better on the animals it was intended for in the first place.

22 Sep 2012, 7:33 pm

I really think the solution is to create an entirely new species, either mechanical(robots) or biological, that is more intelligent than humans and ultimately wired to seek out human prey the way humans do with other animals. I suppose if it's robotic it could be programmed to find the human exterior attractive enough to kill people for their skins and make them into garments. This may seem like a fantasy..........But it will be a reality within 3 or 4 generations.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 7:38 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:

the fur ONLY looks better on the animals it was intended for in the first place.

That is your opinion and you're entitled to it, and because you think fur only looks good on animals you won't wear fur so you are doing your part by not wearing fur.

Do you really think you are going to convince me to give my furs to the dog pound?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 7:39 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
I really think the solution is to create an entirely new species, either mechanical(robots) or biological, that is more intelligent than humans and ultimately wired to seek out human prey the way humans do with other animals. I suppose if it's robotic it could be programmed to find the human exterior attractive enough to kill people for their skins and make them into garments. This may seem like a fantasy..........But it will be a reality within 3 or 4 generations.

You really should talk to someone about your murder fixation. I'm not saying that to be mean, I'm serious. It's not healthy.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 7:45 pm

It kind of reminds me of the guy on Silence of the Lambs,are they going to make lampshades of human skin like Ed Gein?Two wrongs don't make a right.I deplore the treatment of animals but to really advance we need to lose the desire to kill those things that irritate us( like Tony Hayward from B.P.)We need to educate people on the value of all life.(those pesky humans too).

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 7:49 pm

AspieRogue wrote:

I would have thought this android of yours would carry out preventative buttrape to stop people from killing animals for fur knowing your normal solution to everything

22 Sep 2012, 8:41 pm

^Keep up the insults..........The banhammer is reading & waiting. :mgreen:

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 9:37 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
^Keep up the insults..........The banhammer is reading & waiting. :mgreen:

That was no insult, you have literally said these exact things