How do deal or treat people who don't like you?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

bigbadbeast2007
Toucan
Toucan

20 Sep 2012, 6:51 am

I taunt and bully em because they deserve it

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 7:01 am

Ignore them?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 7:01 am

What makes them deserve it, the fact that they don't like you?

I pretty much ignore people who don't like me. I could give a rat's hind end about them, but I don't go out of my way to bully them or taunt them, that's pretty childish and it shows them that they are getting to you because you actually go to some effort.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 9:28 am

I ignore them completely, but since i tend to ignore people in general it doesn't make much of a difference.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 9:30 am

Sounds like a troll answer.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 11:07 am

bigbadbeast2007 wrote:
I taunt and bully em because they deserve it

If that's a serious answer, then you are no better than they are. Rather vague as well, what exactly did they do to deserve it? If I know someone doesn't like me or even if I don't like them I'll just be aloof to them. Not sure why anyone would want to give attention to people that don't like them, especially if they treat you badly as that just shows what they are doing is bothering you and makes them get the better of you. But if someone were to show repetitive bullying behavior towards me then I would lay it out to them quite clearly that their motives for doing it are ridiculous and its something I will not tolerate from them. Bullies are as insecure as it gets, so they will usually back off if you stand your ground.

Minim
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2012, 11:58 am

I try to ignore them and am mostly successful when I am doing interesting things or walking along, but if I am not doing anything or don't like what I am doing, I find it harder to ignore them and I often retaliate somewhat.

Mind you, I don't tend to know who doesn't like me and who I've misunderstood. I used to get into arguments with people and they thought I was overreacting, but it was because they were either being irritating and better on their feet, or because I've misunderstood them, although I never realize that until well after the event.

HPFanfictionReader
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Sep 2012, 12:06 pm

If they dont like me and we have to interact anyway, then i will just be polite and talk to them no more than neccesary.
If i dont have to talk to them then i dont,everyone is different i dont think people deserve to be bullied,taunted or belittled for it.

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 2:22 pm

People who don't like you is one thing, another is people who treat you badly because they believe not liking you gives them a right to.

The former: I try to stay out of their way, out of respect for both of us.

The latter: I lurk and lurk, even for years, till one day I have the opportunity of taking revenge that for sure won't harm me.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

20 Sep 2012, 9:03 pm

Ignore them, and if they get on my case bad enough, call the police on 'em, although I have never done that before (yet).

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 9:25 pm

Absolutely nothing unless they infringe upon my rights to pursue happiness or otherwise try to make my life hard. Even then, I try not to do more than needed to make them stop their behavior.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 11:49 pm

I just try and keep away from them that's the best thing to do.

icyfire4w5
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 4:20 am

Hi all! Based on my own experiences, sometimes the person whom you dislike might not be aware that you dislike him or her, so when you ignore him or her, please treat him or her as a stranger. I do feel annoyed or hurt when certain NTs give off strong "I hate you!" vibes while ignoring me because I genuinely don't know what I have done to earn their hatred.

GreyGooTheory
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Sep 2012, 5:07 pm

I had a girl look me in the eyes and call me an a**hole, then she followed it up with a huge smile.

Talk about mixed messages, lol

Best part was...I have no idea what I did to bring on that remark!

I'm ok with it though...the people who really know me say that I'm one of the nicest people they've ever met...and I can live with that.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 5:47 pm

There is a big difference between not liking someone and disliking them. There are many people I don't like, but I don't dislike them either. I'm basically neutral about them, some more negatively than others and some more positively. They haven't given me any reason to form an opinion about them.

People who don't like me, in the way that I described it above, don't bother me at all. In fact, it's a safe bet that every stranger you see doesn't like you. They don't dislike you, but they don't like you. To like someone you have to know them or something about them and there must be something somewhat important to you involved in the reason you like them. Or to dislike them.

OP, do you taunt and bully every stranger that you see because they don't like you?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 8:57 pm

I ignore people like that. They're not worth my time.