Page 3 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

EmoGlambertAspie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 1:01 am

"Ronan" by Taylor Swift gets to me. Read the background story on Wikipedia, it's touching and heartbreaking. I had an uncle who died of cancer last year and a sister who died when I was four from cerebral palsy complications. The line "you were my best four years" hits me hardst, as does the breakdown.

khaos
Toucan
Toucan

09 Dec 2012, 2:03 am

Adele - Someone like you, Rolling in the deep, set fire to the rain
Simple Plan - Untitled
Linkin Park - Numb
Seether and Amy Lee - Broken
Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts
Alexz Johnson - Skin
Lionel Richie - Hello
Phil Collins - No Way Out

There are a few others I can't think of.

AS, OCD, ADHD - Diagnosed
PTSD - Undiagnosed
<"May the Gods have mercy on you for I shall show none...">

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 4:22 pm

Forbidden Colours by David Sylvian & Ryuichi Sakamoto
It almost makes me cry.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h-OgYyE0AA[/youtube]

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

25 Dec 2012, 2:21 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GYy5lquXIA[/youtube]

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

icyfire4w5
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 2:48 am

Both songs are from The Confidant, a Hong Kong TV drama.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQg-VEgXzqI[/youtube]

Rough translation: "We are pursuing each other in this chaotic world. A breeze has stirred up ripples in the pond. Fish in the pond, which have already lost their strength, are falling asleep on this freezing cold night. Listen to wind and thunder, watch flowers gathering together as they fall. Clouds and the Moon accompany us on our journey that last thousands of miles. When we are tired, we rely on those of our kind to survive. You are fighting your way to the top while I am tired of myself. We fight between ourselves, we fight against a common enemy, we are entangled with each other and losing our sense of rationality. I would rather cooperate with you to fight against this storm. Let us get drenched in the rain together. We can advance together and retreat together, using our rage to stir up our surroundings' temperature. We can advance together and retreat together, comforting each other to defend ourselves when our surroundings' temperature turns cold. We are disheveled and dispirited now; we who share the same roots. Our fates intertwine as we fight against the countless conflicts flying towards us. We can enjoy ourselves while watching the sky turn and the sea churn. We can listen to the wind and watch the rain while leading our troops in this battle of wits. We are pursuing each other in this chaotic world and trying to survive in a besieged city. Do not fear even while red walls and green tiles crumble around us. We will not sink as long as we hold onto each other."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJx3lQi_NTs[/youtube]

Rough translation: "All couples have no difficulties embracing each other except us. We are drifting further and further away from each other. The only tie that currently binds us to each other is a weak promise. If I had never held your hand, I would never feel your pulse. I realize that I might have hallucinated your coldness and your warmth. Even though the sky and the sea exist in the same picture, they are merely parallel to each other and not in love. Flowers in the meadows seem to be in love with one anther, but the truth is that close proximity creates the illusion of love. The pale Moon is fading while the bright Sun is rising. They seem to overlap but the truth is that they will never meet. Even if Sun and Moon fall in love, they will never co-exist. As I read and meditate while having dinner, I realize that my wound keeps on expanding because it has never been healed. When we finally face each other in close proximity, we realize that we lack the spark needed for co-existence. We can neither end this relationship nor begin a new relationship. Look at the mountain and the river that co-exist only in name. I am afraid that we have never been fully compatible. Look at the stars in the sky; they will never meet despite orbiting for millions of years."

featherbrained
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2012, 12:33 pm

this song got me bad the other night
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aZh261KZWI[/youtube]

mitchmimi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2012, 4:46 pm

you're the voice by john fanham

love the song but the message that we can make a diffrence if we speak out bring a tears to my eyes everytime i think about it

never had a dream come true s club 7

last song i bought my ex befor we broke up still reminds me of those times when i listen to it now

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 10:06 pm

If you've ever seen Air TV, this song is really sad:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kagybz0epQ[/youtube]

It always makes me want to cry because it's so sad. ;3;

Other songs that make me cry are:

Perfect World - Simple Plan
Because of You - Kelly Clarkson
Slipped Away - Avril Lavigne
Rika's Promise - Digimon
Wish you were here - Avril Lavigne
My Immortal - Evanescence

Those songs remind me of my ex best friend who pretty much ditched me for competitive pokemon. She had Asperger Syndrome too... and the only person i could talk to about things. :(

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

wornlight
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2013, 10:24 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s6JY6jgJfo[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PcMqSUpVy8[/youtube]

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 12:10 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acgLFNhTr1I[/youtube]

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 12:27 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AagsRPVIzcc[/youtube]
Once I was a soldier - And I fought on foreign sands for you-
Once I was a hunter - And I brought home fresh meat for you-
Once I was a lover - And I searched behind your eyes for you-
And soon there’ll be another - To tell you I was just a lie...

And sometimes I wonder - Just for a while - Will you ever remember me?

Though you have forgotten, All of our rubbish dreams-
I find myself searching, Through the ashes of our ruins-
For the days when we smiled, And the hours that ran wild-
With the magic of our eyes - And the silence of our words...

And sometimes I wonder - Just for a while - Will you ever remember me? . . . . Ever remember me?

Kankurette
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jan 2013, 6:32 am

There's quite a few that get me on a bad day, but one song I can't listen to without tearing up is Tramp The Dirt Down by Elvis Costello. I can't even cover it without crying. Same with 4st 7lb by the Manics. 'I want to walk in the snow and not leave a footprint.' I actually can't listen to it at all these days because I find it triggering (I hate that word, but I can't think of anything better).

ICY
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jan 2013, 1:14 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l95D7leeU3w[/youtube]

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 5:30 pm

^^^
that is elegiac. :(

Rivelin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jan 2013, 5:45 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnTFNsmToHg[/youtube]
This song can always move me to tears whatever my mood.
"It's the terror of knowing what this world is about, watching some good friends screaming 'let me out'".

icyfire4w5
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 9:59 am

I disliked this song when I first listened to it because I felt that it was just another mass-produced Cantonese pop song, but I eventually loved it after listening to it several more times. This song isn't very tearjerking if compared to other songs but its lyrics filled my eyes up with tears. Background info: This song, Love in the Forbidden City, is the theme song for the Cantonese dubbed version of Chinese drama The Story of Zhen Huan.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ElL_8byxHY[/youtube]

Rough translation: "She startled a hundred flowers as she gently brushed rouge onto her cheeks. She dressed herself in bright and beautiful colors to compete against the flowers around her. Her frowns and smiles were significant enough to determine her nation's fate, but she never found out that her palace had been frozen in ice since dawn. Brilliant fireworks disappeared as night disappeared into day. She was one of her nation's most heavenly beauties, waiting for someone to claim her as his own. She broke the silence around her by playing the zither, but the snow, the moon, the wind and the flowers around her were too preoccupied to listen to her. Her love story ended the moment she was sent into this palace in the Forbidden City, she stared at the sky alone with tears in her eyes. While she was competing for glory so as to avoid humiliation, she fell in love with someone that she had never intended to love. She resembled a rock; ignorant of pain. She realized that snow had suddenly engulfed her world, she embraced the cold wind every night, had anyone else tried empathizing with her? The tree had shriveled and died, leaving a mess of crisscrossed tree rings behind--her life had ended in bloodshed and tragedy. She could not disguise her tear-filled eyes with cosmetics, she lost her moral compass in a struggle for whom? The lamp that she lit every night illuminated her fate--she whose beauty shamed the moon into hiding and shamed flowers into wilting was destined to be recorded in history, but no one could verify what History said about her. Her love story ended the moment she was sent into this palace in the Forbidden City, she stared at the sky alone with tears in her eyes. While she was competing for glory so as to avoid humiliation, she fell in love with someone that she had never intended to love. She resembled a rock; ignorant of pain. She realized that snow had suddenly engulfed her world, she embraced the cold wind every night, had anyone else tried empathizing with her? The tree had shriveled and died, leaving a mess of crisscrossed tree rings behind--her life had ended in bloodshed and tragedy. Time celebrated her departure. Even after her beauty had faded and her hair had turned white, she remained in this palace in the Forbidden City, sacrificing her youth for a dream of hers. Engulfed by love; engulfed by hatred; she had already become a rock ignorant of pain, she no longer expected anyone to empathize with her aching heart. As dimming sunlight entered her palace in the Forbidden City, her tears celebrated her departure from this world. Her life was just a fragile life within the Forbidden City's sturdy walls. She, a beauty who eventually ruined her nation, realized in the end that all her love stories were products of manipulation. Her love story in the Forbidden City was transmitted through the ages secretly."