how many here have experienced something paranormal?

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Deutha
Toucan
Toucan

08 Dec 2006, 6:36 am

could be anything.... seeing something, hearing something, knowing something u shouldnt have been able to know etc?

types of stuff u could have to experience the paranormal with:

Precognition is the ability to know ahead of time before the actual occurrence of an event. There are three main types of precognition - clairvoyance, clairaudience, and clairsentience.

Clairvoyance is the most prevalent form of precognition since most people are visual. Clairvoyance means inner seeing with your mind's eye; seeing clearly that which most people can't see at all such as visions or auras.

Clairaudience means to hear voices or messages in one's inner ear without anyone speaking aloud. The message sender may not be present. An example of this is parents hearing a child's cry for help as they are in an accident when they are physically way too far away to be heard. This is the most common method for channelers to receive information.

Clairsentience is another way of saying "empathy". This means to have the motional feeling or inner knowing of events which are unknowable. These empathic people are also called "sensitives". Some clairsentients can smell odors not present in the physical world. Extreme sensitives may feel emotional highs and lows and even physical sensations that do not belong to themselves. The trick then is discerning which moods are not your own and protecting yourself from unwanted receptivity, particularly in crowded areas or at emotionally laden events, such as funerals. Many people are familiar with this skill from the Star Trek - The Next Generation show, where the ship's counselor, Deanna Troi, was known for her skill as an empath.

Other types of psychic skills include telepathy, psychometry, and channeling. Telepathy is being able to receive thoughts from someone else in your mind. Psychometry is the ability to hold an object and know about the owner and circumstances of the life the object has been in. Some psychometrists can use their skill to locate lost children and are hired by police departments to aid in investigations. Channeling is the ability to receive messages from spirits in other dimensions, such as our guides, angels, or ascended masters. Some channels, called trance channels, go out of body entirely while another spirit takes over, and some called conscious channels stay in their bodies while a spirit sends them information which they translate and share with their audience or client.

Last edited by Deutha on 08 Dec 2006, 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

08 Dec 2006, 6:56 am

One of my farts smelt like freshly cooked chicken once. Does that count?

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2006, 6:58 am

In a way
We all go there

Deutha
Toucan
Toucan

08 Dec 2006, 6:59 am

Last edited by Deutha on 08 Dec 2006, 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Deutha
Toucan
Toucan

KBABZ wrote:

welp it wasn't exactly the sort of experience i was after...but hey...u sure it wasn't clairsentience? ...and u made up the fart so ur conscious mind wouldnt dig deeper at some smell that shouldnt have existed in this dimension? :P

Last edited by Deutha on 08 Dec 2006, 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

I'm not even sure what that is and I doubt it!

In a way
We all go there

risingphoenix
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Dec 2006, 7:01 am

lol , for something more serious, not something I actively remember, but I once talked a few sentences about past life experiences when I was about a year and a half, and that even though I was a late talker (started talking only when I was three), so that gave my mom the shock of her life, plus I guess just further proved her point that I sometimes seemed like from another star when I was little (possibly the wrongplanet star? ;-)) Unfortunately I havn't had any paranormal experiences myself, on the other hand I'm not so sure I'd like to have any at all, I'd probably find it very very scary.

Hermann Hesse

Deutha
Toucan
Toucan

08 Dec 2006, 7:04 am

KBABZ wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clairsentience

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2006, 7:08 am

Deutha wrote:
KBABZ wrote:

How can Clairsentience be related to my farts smelling like chicken?!?

In a way
We all go there

Deutha
Toucan
Toucan

08 Dec 2006, 7:10 am

KBABZ wrote:
Deutha wrote:
KBABZ wrote:

How can Clairsentience be related to my farts smelling like chicken?!?

mm sorry that one doesnt mention it eh...

k another def'n:(def'ns u top now)

Last edited by Deutha on 08 Dec 2006, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Dec 2006, 7:19 am

When Mom was very sick in hospital, I dropped what I was doing and went up to hospital in a cab, and when I got there Mom was in trouble but they hadn't phoned me yet.

There are lots of things re me+mom+sis on one wavelength.

Sometimes I wake in the middle of the night and look at my email, and see that sis wrote to me one minute ago.

Not exactly earthshaking. But worth acknowledging, because it might be useful some day.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2006, 7:21 am

KBABZ wrote:

Mine smelt like cheese. What do I win?

The only paranormal thing I've seen recently is the size of a crap I had. Sorry to lower the tone but in response to your question: no. ;)

Deutha
Toucan
Toucan

08 Dec 2006, 8:30 am

Claradoon wrote:
When Mom was very sick in hospital, I dropped what I was doing and went up to hospital in a cab, and when I got there Mom was in trouble but they hadn't phoned me yet.

There are lots of things re me+mom+sis on one wavelength.

Sometimes I wake in the middle of the night and look at my email, and see that sis wrote to me one minute ago.

Not exactly earthshaking. But worth acknowledging, because it might be useful some day.

very cool....yeah i've experienced similar connectivity with people that are near n dear to moi...

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2006, 9:36 am

Deutha, have you ever looked at Forteantimes.com ?? It's a great website for the paranormal. They have a forum titled "It Happened To Me" wherein people relate paranormal events they've experienced.

I've had a few experiences, but nothing truly outstanding. I saw a UFO when I was 10, sometimes I think of something I haven't thought of in years, and then there's some program relating to it on TV. My mom had odd experiences, too.

Deutha
Toucan
Toucan

08 Dec 2006, 9:57 am

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Deutha, have you ever looked at Forteantimes.com ?? It's a great website for the paranormal. They have a forum titled "It Happened To Me" wherein people relate paranormal events they've experienced.

I've had a few experiences, but nothing truly outstanding. I saw a UFO when I was 10, sometimes I think of something I haven't thought of in years, and then there's some program relating to it on TV. My mom had odd experiences, too.

thanks man will check it out.....also there is a cool podcast called 'mysterious universe' for those interested

Deutha
Toucan
Toucan

08 Dec 2006, 9:59 am

OMG http://forteantimes.com/mag_info/this_issue.shtml

tesla(the greatest aspie eva) on the front cover!! !! !!

checkout the movie 'The prestige' david bowie(also aspie...bet he died when he got to play the role) plays tesla in it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTiiblwwLPk

Last edited by Deutha on 08 Dec 2006, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.