Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

alecazam3567
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Sep 2012, 11:02 pm

I began using Tumblr a while ago, and I have to say that it's very supportive to aspies, in that most everyone who uses Tumblr avidly is, to some degree, socially awkward. Obviously, not everyone. But a lot of people claim to be antisocial. which may or may not be true.
It's obviously not an autism community like WP, but I still find myself relating to people on there because of their bad social experiences. It's like a social network for people who hate being social in real life. It actually helps me make friends (if you want to make friends, because I know some of you are totally asocial). Sorry if this sounds like an advertisement, but I've wanted to say this for a while. :oops:

Has anyone else had experience with Tumblr as an aspie and how you enjoyed it?

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 11:10 pm

I like tumblr. I like to look at pictures of things on tumblr.

treblecake
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2012, 8:31 am

Yeah tumblr is great, although I think a lot of the people there play up their social awkwardness because on tumblr it's like 'cool' to be awkward. I always wonder how people make friends on tumbr, because I've never been able to :?

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 8:35 am

Obviously it depends on what you look at. A lot of confession tumblrs are filled with "weird" and awkward people.

alecazam3567
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Sep 2012, 8:40 am

treblecake wrote:
Yeah tumblr is great, although I think a lot of the people there play up their social awkwardness because on tumblr it's like 'cool' to be awkward. I always wonder how people make friends on tumbr, because I've never been able to :?

Yeah, I've seen people play it up, too. But a place where it's cool to be awkward? I find this awesome.
Honestly, I've made one friend in the 5 months that I've been and she initiated our conversation.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

22 Sep 2012, 8:55 am

I have one. I love the site for what it is worth........ so much to see there. I have six followers on my site.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 8:57 am

equestriatola wrote:
I have one. I love the site for what it is worth........ so much to see there. I have six followers on my site.

Tumblr has been one of my absolute favourite sites for a while now, tied with YouTube and DevART.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 12:57 pm

Aw, I'm actually feeling disappointed. I read through hundreds of ''so-relatable'' Tumblr posts, and it was helping with my depression because I thought it was just a general site used by any people not just socially awkward people, and I was beginning to think I'm not so different to the general population after all......until this thread came up I realised I was wrong. :(

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 1:02 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Aw, I'm actually feeling disappointed. I read through hundreds of ''so-relatable'' Tumblr posts, and it was helping with my depression because I thought it was just a general site used by any people not just socially awkward people, and I was beginning to think I'm not so different to the general population after all......until this thread came up I realised I was wrong. :(

A lot of it is used by "regular" people, but tumblr does host a lot of strange content.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

23 Sep 2012, 8:52 pm

I have seen some crazy stuff on tumblr; shows ya how some people can have a warped mind.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 10:36 pm

I browse through Tumblr to look at pictures of various things.

charlulz
Raven
Raven

23 Sep 2012, 10:39 pm

I love tumblr, I finally am able to find people who share the same warped humor that I do. Tumblr is sort of therapeutic to me in a way. Being able to vent and scrolling through a plethora of posts always puts me at ease.

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 11:11 pm

tumblr is my homeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee