22 Sep 2012, 5:45 pm

I found this article very interesting and detailed:
http://www.paulcooijmans.com/asperger/s ... erger.html

Please tell me your opinion.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 6:12 pm

It is certainly very interesting. I think the idea that Asperger's may not be a form of autism but a personality disorder should be seriously looked into by professionals. It makes a lot of sense that way. I also agree that Asperger's is more of a disability than most people realize. Personally I think that the current idea (that exists within the Asperger's community itself in addition to NTs) that just because some people with Asperger's can function in society, hold downs jobs and live independently means that we all can or should, is very unfair.

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 6:47 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
Personally I think that the current idea (that exists within the Asperger's community itself in addition to NTs) that just because some people with Asperger's can function in society, hold downs jobs and live independently means that we all can or should, is very unfair.

I do agree.
For me it was the most interesting article that i've read on the subject and i recommend it everyone.

Last edited by AnotherKind on 22 Sep 2012, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 6:54 pm

That's not an article.

If you're the writer, give your thoughts more thought and decide what you believe in.

The "article" says one thing and its opposite all the time, plus never proves its premise, on the contrary proves the premise wrong when expanding on the genetic hereditary factors.

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 7:03 pm

Moondust wrote:
That's not an article.

If you're the writer, give your thoughts more thought and decide what you believe in.

The "article" says one thing and its opposite all the time, plus never proves its premise, on the contrary proves the premise wrong when expanding on the genetic hereditary factors.

I'm not the writer lol.

Quote:
An article is a written work published in a print or electronic medium. It may be for the purpose of propagating the news, research results, academic analysis or debate. (Wikipedia)

Huh? For me "article" makes perfect sense.

Last edited by AnotherKind on 22 Sep 2012, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 7:07 pm

Too bad, you at least asked for feedback. This idiot didn't, and did us a huge disservice by blaming us of sadism, insensitivity to others' feelings and what not, only to reverse it so long later on when the reader is already done with him.

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 7:09 pm

Wiki failed to mention that an "article" that disproves its own premise and says one thing and its opposite all the time is not an article.

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 7:14 pm

Moondust wrote:
Too bad, you at least asked for feedback. This idiot didn't, and did us a huge disservice by blaming us of sadism, insensitivity to others' feelings and what not, only to reverse it so long later on when the reader is already done with him.

I didn't felt he had a discriminatory tone. And i thought Asperger called the condition "autistic psychopathy" (i think this is what he meant by "insensitivity to other's feelings")

Moondust wrote:
Wiki failed to mention that an "article" that disproves its own premise and says one thing and its opposite all the time is not an article.

Where it states two opposite things? 8O

Sorry, i think i exaggerated with the word "opinion" and it did look like i would ask for some feedback. I'm not the author of it, just found it on Google.