Aspies / Autistics in my old school

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

mattw
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Dec 2006, 6:51 pm

When i left "M" school back in January 2005 to become home educated, there were over 10 students in the school that had some form of autism or aspergers. I have recently been in contact with one of the students who is at "M" school who has told me there are now only four students in the school with a form of autism. Apartently they were getting treated the same as me and decided to leave the school.

To give you a brief introduction to the school it had 1200 kids, a SENCO who did NOT know what the term autism or aspergers ment. They did not treat Autistics fairly within the school forcing them to go inside at all breaks and lunches and just sit, not talk, not do anything - just sit. They also expected us to be happy with this though clearly i wasnt so expressed my concerns about it and got excluded! shows how much they care. I then against schools rules (for autustics) went out into the yard in my dinner break and i had the SENCO and other staff chasing me around all lunch time. They then wonder why we are upset as this makes it even worse with coping with Autism.