Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 11:47 am

In speech? Always. Over text? Not so much.

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 11:57 am

It happens to me very often. I feel kinda ret*d :?

tippi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Sep 2012, 2:15 pm

Constantly. It is usually a result of me being over enthusiastic about a subject/ angry/mentally exhausted/socially drained or just simply anxious.

If I am relaxed, it rarely happens so I think it ties in, with me at least, getting too overloaded due to people stress and social anxiety.

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 2:29 pm

In an ordinary setting, yes, I am articulate.

However, when I'm mad, frustrated, or upset, I find it difficult to articulate. It seems that part of my brain that selects words shuts down and I get further frustrated at not being able to articulate.

Unless I'm beyond angry, then I have no filter at all, THEN I articulate things in all the "worst" ways and offend people. :lol:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 3:11 pm

Yeah that happens with me a lot......which is why I find it annoying when people tell me I cannot possibly have any difficulties expressing myself because I can type well. How does that have anything to do with how well I verbally express myself?

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 3:37 pm

When it comes to speaking, I find it hard to get all the words out in the right order. I listen to myself talking and I am appalled at how incoherent I can be. The nice thing about writing is I can go back and edit, re-write and sometimes delete the stupid stuff I spew.

SpiritBlooms
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 3:49 pm

Ordinarily I'm much, much better at expressing myself in writing than by speaking. I'm terrible at sales or persuasive speaking, dreaded job interviews, etc. However, if I'm angry, sometimes that seems to switch on my speaking ability. I've been known to verbally rip someone up one side and down the other, and have been told I use words as weapons. I had coworkers who would warn people, don't piss her off! While normally I'm very quiet, soft-spoken, and keep to myself.

Go figure.

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 6:31 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Yeah that happens with me a lot......which is why I find it annoying when people tell me I cannot possibly have any difficulties expressing myself because I can type well. How does that have anything to do with how well I verbally express myself?

This!^^

tchek
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Sep 2012, 7:12 pm

I often have blackout when I'm arguing.

I think this is linked to hypotonia (loose muscle tone), and neurasthenia (which is kinda like the hypotonia of the mind). We are not "quick witted".

Kindertotenlieder79
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Sep 2012, 11:46 pm

I go blank often in conversations with people. Sometimes I can't get words out that I want to have come out. Sometimes flat out stupid things come out of my mouth, or later I will think to myself "I wish I had said that!" It's very frustrating.

Kindertotenlieder79
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Sep 2012, 11:48 pm

musicforanna wrote:

Unless I'm beyond angry, then I have no filter at all, THEN I articulate things in all the "worst" ways and offend people. :lol:

Hehe, I'm at my most articulate during a meltdown as well, whether I'm screaming or crying.