Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 11:44 am

Delphiki wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
So what does "nose goes" mean anyway? I'm no clearer having read this thread.
4 people in a group, let's say they decide to order pizza, but no one wants to make the phone call. Someone says noes goes, everyone puts their finger on their noes, the last one has to go and make the phone call.

Or one person silently puts their finger on their noes, people notice what has happened and do that also, the one person who did not has to call the pizza place.

I guess it's a new thing? I don't remember that when I was a child or in my teens and early 20s when I still socialized some in real life.

In that scenario I'd refuse and leave if they insisted and harassed me about it. I already would go hungry before calling for delivery myself and I don't even really like pizza much. I hate people trying to make me do things.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 2:23 pm

hanyo wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
So what does "nose goes" mean anyway? I'm no clearer having read this thread.
4 people in a group, let's say they decide to order pizza, but no one wants to make the phone call. Someone says noes goes, everyone puts their finger on their noes, the last one has to go and make the phone call.

Or one person silently puts their finger on their noes, people notice what has happened and do that also, the one person who did not has to call the pizza place.

I guess it's a new thing? I don't remember that when I was a child or in my teens and early 20s when I still socialized some in real life.

In that scenario I'd refuse and leave if they insisted and harassed me about it. I already would go hungry before calling for delivery myself and I don't even really like pizza much. I hate people trying to make me do things.
Copy paste from the wiki article that was given:
The Nose Game is featured in the 1979 movie Meatballs to determine which person would stack the dishes at the end of a camp meal.

The Nose Game is featured in a 2008 episode of House M.D. to determine which person would take a painful injection to test for a disease.

The Nose Game is featured in a 2010 episode of Scrubs (Season 9, Episode 9) “Our Stuff Gets Real” to determine who will help Dr. Perry Cox write a will.

“Nose-Goes” is now an application for the iPod/iPhone featured on the iTunes app store.

The Nose Game appears in an episode of American Dad! (Season 2, Episode 15) “Four Little Words” at a CIA conference to determine who has to find their boss a woman.

The Nose Game appears on a 2010 episode of Community, “Aerodynamics of Gender” (Season 2, Episode 7) to decide who would take care of Pierce to make sure he did not overdose. The game appears again in Season 3's “Remedial Chaos Theory” as a recurring even

Think I remember it from at least 6 years ago