Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 3:42 pm

GreyGirl wrote:
Is there any way to undo the effects of caffeine? I like coffee, and the effects of caffeine, but they seem to hang around longer than I'd like. I usually make my self a large iced coffee with a bit of honey in it in the morning but I'm afraid to drink it later.

Food. Specifically protein. It won't take away the stimulant effect but it will remove the jitters.

In the past year I have become interested in all manner of specialty brewing techniques. Aeropress, french press, and pourover. I bought a burr grinder, a Hario V-60, and a kettle that has a long curvy spout for better pouring control. Of those three, pourover is my favorite. If you can get freshly roasted beans, the flavour is exceptional.

I now care about things like mouthfeel, and oil content, and bloom, and crema. I wrinkle my nose at beans that were roasted more than a week prior. :D

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

05 Oct 2012, 7:02 am

Just happened to be drinking this ATM; I love it with whipped cream..... gotta get some soon.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

GralienTourist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2012, 8:39 pm

I like the "half-caff" stuff that's semi decaf. Then I can drink more. Which I shouldn't of course. I like to have two cups a day, with cream or milk and sugar.
I sometimes have three but that's about it, or it can bother my stomach. I also like tea, but coffee is my first choice.

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Oct 2012, 10:10 am

Iced Americano :heart:
I like my tea hot, coffee cold if that makes sense o_o

joannaaleksandra
Toucan
Toucan

10 Oct 2012, 11:41 am

I like coffee, but I can't drink it. It causes me severe migraines.

Vyacheslav
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 12:07 pm

NewDawn wrote:
I love coffee, but I am very particular about the variety of bean and the acidity. I only tolerate light roasted beans from Kenya or Guatamala. All the other types of coffee give me stomach cramps and acid reflux. Oh, and black with two lumps of sugar.

Have you tried Maragogype variety, I used to drink this variety grown in Nicaragua. It is a large bean with low acidity, easy on the stomach.

It's 7AM here and the coffee just done brewing - off I go!

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Oct 2012, 1:27 pm

Coffee is the bees knees....... here's a question, sometimes it brings me up, gets me energized, other times, I can drink two cups, and take a nap....

MrStewart, what is the rundown on beans and being freshly roasted? Lets say the beans are roasted, packed airtight, and maybe within a few weeks they get opened and brewed.... what's going on that's messing with the quality? Just curious:) (I work at a "popular seattle coffee chain that rhymes with carlucks) I figure that's why we get a lot of complaints about our coffee lol

I make pourovers all the time but I've yet to try one. Seems like you really need to get the proportions right. French press is my favorite though, or a flat bottom coffee maker.

You guys ever want some seriously good, but super sweet iced coffee, go into a Carbucks, and add white mocha, maybe even some cinnimon dolche to your coffee. So delicious.

More often though, I enjoy it with a little bit of milk. Most of my day time posting on this site is coffee fueled, hence the chatty response.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 3:54 pm

I have a drip coffeemaker, a french press, and a stovetop cappuccino maker. I haven't tried the vacuum brewer yet, but it does look cool.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 4:45 pm

I love coffee with cream. But, it has to be decaf because regular coffee makes me bounce off the walls. I run on Dunkin'.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 5:10 pm

I have not drunk any coffee today; yay me! :D

BlackDwarf
Toucan
Toucan

10 Oct 2012, 5:16 pm

My dad is so fussy about coffee. He has to choose only particular coffee shops and he won't have instant coffee. Opposite from me as I'll drink any cheap crap.

rachel_519
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2012, 9:13 pm

I like my coffee either warm-hot (not scalding) or room temperature- is that strange? I mix in a little 2% fat milk and it is perfect.

Canaspie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 10:35 pm

rachel_519 wrote:
I like my coffee either warm-hot (not scalding) or room temperature- is that strange?

In my opinion, yes that is very strange. I like my coffee as hot as I can get it (part of the reason I started drinking it black - does a better job of keeping it hot) and absolutely hate drinking it at anything close to room temperature

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 4:44 am

I should stop drinking coffee; or at the least, cut down consumption of it.