Resources for Women with Aspergers Syndrome

Page 4 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Faithchick
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Apr 2013, 2:42 pm

Great List!

Just wanted to let you all know that I am a woman who was not properly diagnosed until I was 38 years old. I have written and just published my memoir, Twirling Naked in the Streets and No One Noticed, which is about my life growing up with undiagnosed autism.

It is now available on Amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/Twirling-Streets- ... ling+naked

Aspie Writer
www.aspiewriter.com

DyspraxicPanda
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2013, 8:36 pm

Jesus I scored 113 on the RAADS-R. O_O It's funny because I always ruled out Aspergers because I function well with people now, HOWEVER...

There's a lot of aspie symptoms that I had when I was a teenager that I don't have anymore now. I always thought that I looked like a "textbook aspie" younger but not now. So I was very happy about that "before 16" thing. I don't understand how I could score so high though jesus

QGAS : I have 41
o kay

eye test : 25

Weeeeeeeeeeeell. I still consider that I have NLD though because I don't fit all the things in the DSM. (I didn't really have meltdowns as a child too, and I don't have particular issues with change even if it's sometimes annoying or stressful. I mean I still don't have a lot of routine.) But hey, this was enlightening.

Your Aspie score: 135 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 70 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2013, 12:35 pm

Removed

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2013, 8:44 pm

DyspraxicPanda wrote:
Jesus I scored 113 on the RAADS-R. O_O It's funny because I always ruled out Aspergers because I function well with people now, HOWEVER...

There's a lot of aspie symptoms that I had when I was a teenager that I don't have anymore now. I always thought that I looked like a "textbook aspie" younger but not now. So I was very happy about that "before 16" thing. I don't understand how I could score so high though jesus

o kay

Weeeeeeeeeeeell. I still consider that I have NLD though because I don't fit all the things in the DSM. (I didn't really have meltdowns as a child too, and I don't have particular issues with change even if it's sometimes annoying or stressful. I mean I still don't have a lot of routine.) But hey, this was enlightening.

To make you feel better, your score isn't that high. I know people who have scored 220, so you're nowhere near the high end.

You don't need to fit everything in the DSM. Many of us don't, it's as long as you have the stated number out of the selected sections.
If you do not have enough of the selected sections, you may still qualify for a diagnosis of PDD-NOS instead of Asperger's Syndrome, which is a form of atypical autism.

My partner scored similar to you, and is quite good socially. He too was much worse as a child and can read facial expressions and body language somewhat reasonably. We now know that he has PDD-NOS, which is still a form of autism, although his functioning level is mild.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 1:05 am

PLEASE! Could anyone, anywhere tell me where to find that GQAS test. The few places, I could find it, it was in notebook and not readable!

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 5:18 pm

Jensen wrote:
PLEASE! Could anyone, anywhere tell me where to find that GQAS test. The few places, I could find it, it was in notebook and not readable!

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3

This needs to be filled out and scored manually. To calculate your score –
Scoring
A QGAS score of 23 or greater is consistent with a clinical diagnosis of ASD.
Generally they would give one to you to fill out in relation to yourself, and one to a parent to fill out in relation to you, the two should have a 95% or higher match rate to be considered accurate and reliable.

It's in the first post, with links, so it's here with links. All you have to do is, *right click* Page 1, click "Open in New Tab". Once it opens, *right click*, click "Save As" or "Save Picture As", save it to a folder you will remember, and then open it from your own folder, and you can print it out if you need to. Printing should solve any issues being able to read it.

Repeat with Page 2 and 3.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 6:00 pm

Ok. Thanks :)

Goodness gracious! 132.
Well, It was many years ago.

DyspraxicPanda
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Apr 2013, 12:35 pm

Kjas wrote:
DyspraxicPanda wrote:

o kay

To make you feel better, your score isn't that high. I know people who have scored 220, so you're nowhere near the high end.

You don't need to fit everything in the DSM. Many of us don't, it's as long as you have the stated number out of the selected sections.
If you do not have enough of the selected sections, you may still qualify for a diagnosis of PDD-NOS instead of Asperger's Syndrome, which is a form of atypical autism.

My partner scored similar to you, and is quite good socially. He too was much worse as a child and can read facial expressions and body language somewhat reasonably. We now know that he has PDD-NOS, which is still a form of autism, although his functioning level is mild.

I guess it seemed high compared to 65... At first I thought I messed up while calculating the results (I have dyscalculia so.. XD) But then it is fine.
That's really interesting though. I've always considered my social issues to be a part of dyspraxia but I recently realised that they were a bit too much, especially when I was a teenager... I usually consider that I have autistic traits, which I think, fits. My mother thought I was an aspie for a while because of my special interests which were the most noticable thing when I was a child. I've noticed I get worse when I'm stressed or unhappy too.

Thanks so much for the resources too.

Your Aspie score: 135 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 70 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Cinnamon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 May 2013, 4:23 am

I found that Raads R test here: http://www.aspietests.org/raads/index.php

But I am not sure if the scoring is accurate, because I scored 157. I am pretty sure that I am nowhere near that autistic! :lol:

Did anyone else try this online version? How was your score?

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 5:24 am

unsortable
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 May 2013, 8:39 am

Thank you for collecting all these links in one place. Very helpful.

RAADS-R: 162
AQ: 42, EQ: 21, SQ: 48
Eyes: 30
Aspie test: AS: 138/200 and NT: 62/200

Yup. Sounds about right.

owlyellow
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 May 2013, 9:02 pm

Thanks for posting these.

I scored 165 on the RAADS-R. I've consistently scored between 129 and 140 on the Aspie Quiz, but the RAADS test kind of just confirms what I already know. I have not sought a professional diagnosis, mostly because I am not sure what benefit having an official label would offer, and also because I kind of wouldn't even know where to begin or what kind of professional I would be looking for. Plus I don't exactly have tons of money and I hear it can be expensive.

This really explains a lot though. What benefit would a diagnosis offer for a 28 year old? I have already developed various coping mechanisms and what not. I have a daughter, and if she turns out like me, then I am prepared to help her avoid some of the painful situations I had to go through (which I had to do alone and without any help).

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2013, 7:29 pm

For you, it will largely depend on whether you need accommodations for work or not. If you don't then there really isn't that much benefit in a diagnosis, unless you need to go on a disability pension at some point.

As far as your daughter, that is up to you. Once she is 7 or older, she can be evaluated. Keep in mind she may require, or find helpful some of the accommodations she can get in school from a diagnosis. First hand experience is one thing, but often even the more self aware of us don't always know where we struggle and therefore sometimes find it hard to help our kids beyond a certain point.

maia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jun 2013, 3:36 pm

On the RAADS-R, I scored 159. That can't be right can it?
On the GQAS, I scored 36
On the eye expressions, I scored 23. Most of them were guesses

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 9:43 pm

maia wrote:
On the RAADS-R, I scored 159. That can't be right can it?
On the GQAS, I scored 36
On the eye expressions, I scored 23. Most of them were guesses

It's correct. The scoring on the RAADS-R goes all the way up to 220 something (maybe it is 227? Not sure exactly but something like that).

Hillingar
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jul 2013, 9:54 am

raads-r: 183
GQAS: 55
eyes test: 29 :) I'm like a NT here