Are we more or less likely to smoke tobacco?

Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Are people on the spectrum more or less likely to smoke tobacco?
I am a smoker 22%  22%  [ 20 ]
I have never smoked 64%  64%  [ 58 ]
I was a smoker but quit 13%  13%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 90

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 10:24 pm

I've used cannabis, but the only time I ever used tobacco was inadvertently, at a party when I took a hit of what I thought was straight cannabis, but was actually a spliff (cannabis + tobacco.)

Cannabis is bad for your lungs similar to cigarettes, but you smoke far less of that than cigarettes in general. It's nowhere near as addictive as tobacco, there are some health benefits, and most people I know would rather have me smoke marijuana than cigarettes!

AQ: 33

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2012, 9:19 am

Not all NTs just smoke just because their mates do. I know some who smoke because they're stressed.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2012, 9:57 am

Joe90 wrote:
Not all NTs just smoke just because their mates do. I know some who smoke because they're stressed.

Yeah, I had a roommate a couple year ago who smoked....but only outside the dorm in a designated smoking area. She was very considerate that way, and I appreciated it. And she definitely was under a lot of stress...her family didn't like the boy she was engaged to and constantly picked on her for that, and the boy she was engaged to was (from the impression I got) posessive and emotionally/verbally abusive to her. I know that cuz during almost every phone convo she had with him, she'd start fighting with him and then hang up in tears. Sometime during the fall semester, she got a bad case of bronchitis/asthma and decided to give up smoking....it was really hard for her, but she did it, and I was very proud of her, since it was something she decided to do all on her own and succeeded. :D

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 7:11 am

Nobody in the entire extended family smoke. Actually smoking would be one of the top deal breakers in relationships. I've never dated anyone who smoke and always confirmed that during a first date. I know every aspie is different, but for me my #1 sensory issue is with smell. I can hardly tolerate anyone who use deodorant, smoke is just not possible.

I guess if an aspie doesn't have much sensory issue regarding smell they probably don't mind as much.