Yes 23%  23%  [ 15 ]
No 77%  77%  [ 49 ]
Total votes : 64

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2012, 10:15 pm

Zeromancer wrote:
I do believe there is a God, but I have never really gone to church, I'm a protestant.
I follow the 10 commandments and that's about it.
However, I also believe that if God exists, it would go against his nature to put every non believer in hell.
And I also believe that sometimes stealing or some other form of law breaking with good intentions in some situations is alright.

I'm also scientific minded, I doubt that I'll ever be an atheist because there are too much questions left unanswered.
And I'd rather not risk an eternity to make such a daring leap.

exactly. And there are movements in Christianity that are just now beginning to deal with that troubling theological position of whether every human being who is decent but not a believer will go to hell or not.

I acknowledge things like stealing, I think that is what every believer ought to do, even if it is a greater and more moral thing to steal we should still admit it to ourselves because it is so easy then to rationalize it when your heart feels justified. I think the problem I have with Christianity is that there is no gradation in levels of sin, so stealing a paperclip is no different from murder... a sin is a sin and makes you impure, both will lead to a life of damnation in hell.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 8:05 pm

Nope. No evidence.

to his Interest."

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 8:17 pm

So the superhuman does not exist?

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 4:00 pm

No. I cannot throw in my lot with any religion for several reasons, not least of which is the lack of proper evidence.

You will reap what you've sown.